Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Food ideas?

1. Senior Member

Question Food ideas?

Advertisements
    What kinds of food do you normally feed your baby?

Carter is 8 months now.

Normally for breakfast we do yogurt.
    Lunch is usually either a veggie or fruit, and some of what Im eating if he can have it.
    Dinner is usually either a veggie or fruit, and some meat of ours if it isnt spicy or anything.

In between all that he nurses/has bottles (its still how hes mainly eating) and he snacks on fruit. He ate almost an entire mango today

He takes a sippy now too and is cute because hes always sipping on it and carrying it around in his mouth like a little doggy

Anywayssss. Now that he can grab food, what kinds of things can I give him? I think its Brit who mentioned she gives Matt grilled cheese, but Im looking for some more ideas.

He likes pancakes, and I mix in some sweet potatoes and cinnamon. Im too lazy to make those all the time though.
  2. Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta
    Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta
    dont really know cause dd isn't eating solids yet, but we have a book called super baby food. i'm sure there are suggestions in it. the website has some examples
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jlbecker View Post
    dont really know cause dd isn't eating solids yet, but we have a book called super baby food. i'm sure there are suggestions in it. the website has some examples
    Hmm ill have to check that out
  4. Miss Puerto Rico
    Miss Puerto Rico
    Aww how cute. I don't know since Gio is still not in solids yet. I didn't know they could do cheese and all that before the year!
  5. Senior Member
    Gerber makes some of those Little Gradutes I believe is what they are called. They have a main dish and then like a side. I don't reamber when I started giving them to DD. I know they taste better then the other baby foods.
    What the fuck is going on here????
    To truly love something, you must first give it a chance to fail. If it survives, it is going to be stronger than ever. Distance is pure proof of this, and forever we will
    love if we survive.
  6. I was a GREAT mom... until I had kids.
    I was a GREAT mom... until I had kids.
    Blog Entries
    make a BIG batch of pancakes at once, and freeze them. warm them up as you need them. or serve frozen if his teeth are bugging him.
    grilled cheese.
    cheerios.
    mashed potatoes. messy, but alexis used to have a BALL with them.
    if he's good with cheese, then maybe mac & cheese. or just pasta with spaghetti sauce. or plain ole pasta.

i'll keep thinking, and i'll let you know.

7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaky View Post
    Aww how cute. I don't know since Gio is still not in solids yet. I didn't know they could do cheese and all that before the year!
    Im not sure exactly when though.

Quote Originally Posted by ChloesMom330 View Post
    Gerber makes some of those Little Gradutes I believe is what they are called. They have a main dish and then like a side. I don't reamber when I started giving them to DD. I know they taste better then the other baby foods.
    Ive seen those but I never actually LOOKED at them before

Quote Originally Posted by *emILY. View Post
    make a BIG batch of pancakes at once, and freeze them. warm them up as you need them. or serve frozen if his teeth are bugging him.
    grilled cheese.
    cheerios.
    mashed potatoes. messy, but alexis used to have a BALL with them.
    if he's good with cheese, then maybe mac & cheese. or just pasta with spaghetti sauce. or plain ole pasta.

i'll keep thinking, and i'll let you know.
    Wow, Ive never thought of freezing them. Thats a good idea! He could eat those all day every day if I made them.

Pasta, thats a good idea. I could do mini cheese raviolis
  8. deployment #2: 1 month down!
    deployment #2: 1 month down!
    If you don't mind a mess, Matt loves mac and cheese. I think at 8 months they can have cheese. Matt also loved grilled cheese. Pancakes and waffles (like emily said, frozen are GREAT for teething). For snacks, I did the gerber puff. They're great since the melt in their mouth so it would be hard to choke. Pasta with a little butter is great for a non-messy meal. But Matt loved and loves pasta with tomato sauce.
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittany Rashel View Post
    If you don't mind a mess, Matt loves mac and cheese. I think at 8 months they can have cheese. Matt also loved grilled cheese. Pancakes and waffles (like emily said, frozen are GREAT for teething). For snacks, I did the gerber puff. They're great since the melt in their mouth so it would be hard to choke. Pasta with a little butter is great for a non-messy meal. But Matt loved and loves pasta with tomato sauce.
    I suck then, hes been having bits of cheese here and there for a while now

Im sure he would love mac n cheese, I just havent braved the mess yet What kind of pasta do you give him? Probably something easy to pick up right?
  10. I was a GREAT mom... until I had kids.
    I was a GREAT mom... until I had kids.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by xocassandralee View Post
    Wow, Ive never thought of freezing them. Thats a good idea! He could eat those all day every day if I made them.

Pasta, thats a good idea. I could do mini cheese raviolis
    See, perfect.

I found a site that I looked at alot while I was finding foods for Alexis.
    Finger Food For Baby - Healthy Ideas

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast