Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DS has a bad sleeping pattern.. is this normal?

1. Miss Puerto Rico
    Miss Puerto Rico

DS has a bad sleeping pattern.. is this normal?

Advertisements
    Am I doing something wrong? DS is 6m3w. I don't mind at all him waking up at night to feed but I don't know if this is normal.
    I feed him and put him on his bed at 9pm. Sometimes he is still awake when I put him on his bed and he stays there quiet and falls asleep soon after. So I know he can fall asleep on his own but he usually wakes up about an hour later crying, I go in put his binky in his mouth and pad him to sleep (he knows how to put his binky in and there is about 3 binkies around near him so I really doubt is that, he is not really that attach to the binky anyway) as soon as I start walking away he starts crying and crying and the only way I get him to calm is to either stay right there with him caressing him or nurse him to sleep. He wakes up like every other hour and then around 5-6:30 am I feed him and he stays asleep for about 3-4 hrs on that last feeding So usually he wakes up about 4-5 times at night and has been doing this for about a month or more.
    Is this normal or am I doing something wrong?
    Waking up every other hour makes me feel he is not getting the sleep he needs. He only takes 30 minute naps and usually is one and maybe two naps a day.
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Hi Shaky! DD is only 10 weeks old and she does not fall asleep on her own at night. I have to nurse her and then she falls asleep. I do not give her a binky at night though at all anymore. Because there for a while I was doing the same thing as you, having to keep giving her the binky to fall back to sleep every hour. So I just got her use to not having her binky at night at all, and it has really helped. I nurse her about 9:30 she falls asleep and then wakes up between 3-4:30a.m., I nurse her again and she sleeps for another 4 hours.
  3. Senior Member
    Carter was sleeping through the night for a while, and for the past month or so he's been waking up 4 or 5 times a night. So many things can effect their sleep schedule. Keep doing what you're doing and hell get back on track.
  4. Senior Member
    Maybe hes growing. Maybe hes discovered something new and isn't eating as much during the day so hes making up for it at night. My son did that same thing at 6 months. Thats when i let him cry it out. It was hard the first time. He cried for 45 minutes before going to sleep. the second time he cried for 10 minutes. The third time he went to sleep and stayed asleep and I didn't have a problem with him waking up anymore.
  5. Regular Member
    Blog Entries
    Do you think that maybe he is teething? I feel bad because it's very exhausting and heart aching to not know whats wrong with your child. Hope things get better for him.
  6. Senior Member
    DD still does this from time to time for a few weeks at a time and she's 19 months old. Teething could be playing a factor in it. But I don't think you are doing anything wrong.

Kaiden Matthew Baby #2
  7. Senior Member
    I agree with the teething possibility. Also, he may be going through a growth spurt and just needs the extra yum yums. Hopefully this phase doesn't last too long and you can get a little more rest.

8. Senior Member
    I would think teething or a growth spurt

9. and still I think of you
    and still I think of you
    Blog Entries
    I don't think you are doing anything wrong. Some babies just don't sleep as good as others. Bella is 13 months and still gets up several times a night. Thats just how she is. The only way I can really get her to take a good nap during the day is to lay with her.

Hang in there!
  10. Miss Puerto Rico
    Miss Puerto Rico
    It's just so frustrating when I don't know if there is something hurting him and that's why he keeps waking up or if he is just hungry or if he's just feeling lonely and wants attention and I'm just creating a bad habit
    Today he's been waking up like every 45 min
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast