Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Breastfeeding only at night?

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Breastfeeding only at night?

Advertisements
    Is this possible? Right now DD is 10 weeks old and I am going back to work full time in 2 weeks. I am breastfeeding her now and I am thinking I may have to stop when I go back to work. It will not be neasy thing to pump while I am at work and I would have no where to store the breastmilk. I REALLY want to continue breastfeeding her! Is it possible to give her formula during the day and breastfeed her in the evenings and night? Will my body still produce enough milk for the evening?
  2. Senior Member
    Everyone's body is different, but I can tell you that it was possible for me. I went back to work full time. Nursed before I dropped my son off at daycare and instructed the providers to NOT give him formula 2 hours before pick up so he would be nice and hungry for my super full boobs! It worked out great. Ultimately he only had formula a few times a day. Just be sure to pack a lot of breast pads for your day at work. Leaking sux!
  3. Miss Puerto Rico
    Miss Puerto Rico
    Congrats on your new baby! I don't know the answer but I hope you can! Could you try to pump as much as possible for the next few weeks?
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Cici View Post
    Is this possible? Right now DD is 10 weeks old and I am going back to work full time in 2 weeks. I am breastfeeding her now and I am thinking I may have to stop when I go back to work. It will not be neasy thing to pump while I am at work and I would have no where to store the breastmilk. I REALLY want to continue breastfeeding her! Is it possible to give her formula during the day and breastfeed her in the evenings and night? Will my body still produce enough milk for the evening?
    If you are worried about supply, even pumping and dumping at work will help your body keep up your supply. I think it is great that you are actively trying to keep breast feeding even after you go back to work
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by TeenyBeany View Post
    Everyone's body is different, but I can tell you that it was possible for me. I went back to work full time. Nursed before I dropped my son off at daycare and instructed the providers to NOT give him formula 2 hours before pick up so he would be nice and hungry for my super full boobs! It worked out great. Ultimately he only had formula a few times a day. Just be sure to pack a lot of breast pads for your day at work. Leaking sux!
    That is good advice! She is eating about every 3 hours now, so I'm thinking she will only need 2 bottles of formula if I breastfeed her right before I take her and as soon as we get home. I hope my body cooperates!
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaky View Post
    Congrats on your new baby! I don't know the answer but I hope you can! Could you try to pump as much as possible for the next few weeks?
    I could start pumping now to have breast milk for the daycare to give her while I am at work, but once I start working I will not be able to pump during the day and will not be able to give them anymore pumped breakmilk. I am already so emotional about my maternity leave being over and putting her in daycare, and feel so guilty that I cant nurse her during the day.
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by CCArmyWife View Post
    If you are worried about supply, even pumping and dumping at work will help your body keep up your supply. I think it is great that you are actively trying to keep breast feeding even after you go back to work
    I'm a pharmaceutical rep, so I am in my car all day long. I have thought about trying to find private areas where I can pump in my car.
  8. Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta
    Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta
    i work full time and nurse her every night and weekends. i also pump at work, so she does not drink any formula. so far, so good. i hope it works out for you.

sometime i travel day trips for work. its hard to find bathrooms to pump in. but i would recommend getting a manual or battery powered pump and do it in your car with some shades on yoru windows.
  9. Surviving deployment #2
    Surviving deployment #2
    Blog Entries
    I would try and pump and freeze as much as you can now. I know that my supply wasnt too good so only feeding at night would not have been possible for me...but pumping off during the day and discarding would be a good option!
    ZOE
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Cici View Post
    I'm a pharmaceutical rep, so I am in my car all day long. I have thought about trying to find private areas where I can pump in my car.
    You could get a small cooler, a pump and bags and park and pump every 3 hours! It would keep your supply up, and you would be able to give the milk to the daycare to feed her during the day. I have pumped in the car several times before -- you can either park somewhere private or drape a little blanket or jacket over you. I never had any issues.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast