Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My little one is not pooping :( *update* #9

1. Miss Puerto Rico
    Miss Puerto Rico

My little one is not pooping :( *update* #9

Advertisements
    He is a breastfed baby but this is not a normal for him. Last time he pooped was on the 17th so today is the 4th day. I've heard that breastfed babies could go up to 10 days without a bowel movement I believe but this is so not him He usually goes at least once a day. The thing is he has been complaining a lot and for the past two nights he hasn't sleep well and seems in pain
    I'm taking him to the Dr today. I'm so worry
    Last edited by Shaky; 12-22-2009 at 09:18 AM.
  2. Senior Member
    Aww, poor baby. They will probably give him a suppository (sp?). I hope everything is ok!
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Cora went from pooping after every feeding to once a week and now she has been doing it about once a day.(She is also breast fed.) Maybe he is just changing. I use gripe water for her when she hasn't gone for a few days and it seems to help with her discomfort.
  4. I Can See Clearly Now....The S**T Is Gone
    I Can See Clearly Now....The S**T Is Gone
    my ds went 8 days w/o pooping when he was a baby...his ped said the record of the office was 18 or so days....BF babies absorb more of their "food" and thus not much is excreated...
  5. Miss Puerto Rico
    Miss Puerto Rico
    Thanks for the info.

I've used gripe water for the last two days. He usually poops a few hours after I give him GW but this time it hasn't happen
  6. Miss Puerto Rico
    Miss Puerto Rico
    You see.. I would be fine if he wasn't complaining but he hasn't been sleeping much for the past two days and that's when I get worry.
  7. Senior Member
    I've never used gripe water before. Is it any good? What exactly is it? I've seen it advertised with the little remedies stuff before. My baby is definitely constipated right now. I can tell her tummy is bothering her although she is just doing a lot of grunting and groaning. She really isn't crying out in discomfort, but as a Mom you can just tell when your baby is uncomfortable and their tummy is hurting. I hope that your little one is back to normal soon. Let us know how the doctor's visit goes.
    Mommyof2in09 is my Irish Twin Mommy Wifey
  8. aka Milfon2Wheelz
    aka Milfon2Wheelz

How old is your little one? One of my lil dudes went 8 days once. Breastmilk is such an efficient meal that most if not all is absorbed. Are you still getting 8-10 wet diapers a day?
  9. Miss Puerto Rico
    Miss Puerto Rico
    Gio is 6 months. I never change his diaper 8-10 times a day. I don't change his diaper at night unless it is pooped. So whatever many times I change it I know would not be accurate because of that.
    We went to the Dr. and the Dr. sent him to get and Xray of his tummy. There was poop and loooots of air He sent us home with suppositories but I forgot to ask him why did this happen. I put the suppository in last night but I forgot to ask the doctor how to do it (I've never done it before ) Every time I put it in he would push it out then I went to the pharmacy and they told me I have to stick it all the way in including a bit of the tip of my finger that way it would stay in. I planed on doing it with the tip of the thermometer instead but by the time I got home he had already pooped some (including the suppository I had put in earlier) The poopy was creamy, very different than usually. It usually is loose. Then last night he farted a loooooot which I'm guessing was good since he was letting all that air out. Poor thing He did wake up so hungry every two hrs.
  10. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Shaky View Post
    Gio is 6 months. I never change his diaper 8-10 times a day. I don't change his diaper at night unless it is pooped. So whatever many times I change it I know would not be accurate because of that.
    We went to the Dr. and the Dr. sent him to get and Xray of his tummy. There was poop and loooots of air He sent us home with suppositories but I forgot to ask him why did this happen. I put the suppository in last night but I forgot to ask the doctor how to do it (I've never done it before ) Every time I put it in he would push it out then I went to the pharmacy and they told me I have to stick it all the way in including a bit of the tip of my finger that way it would stay in. I planed on doing it with the tip of the thermometer instead but by the time I got home he had already pooped some (including the suppository I had put in earlier) The poopy was creamy, very different than usually. It usually is loose. Then last night he farted a loooooot which I'm guessing was good since he was letting all that air out. Poor thing He did wake up so hungry every two hrs.
    I'm glad he pooped at least the poor guy!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast