Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Relactation?

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Relactation?

Advertisements
    Okay, I got off to a rough start BFing in the hospital because the lactation consultant was useless and Chase never latched. I pumped and had to supplement with formula because my supply didn't come in until he was a few days old. The day after Halloween, I started getting just over an ounce from each breast and it decreased rapidly from there. Now I'm getting nothing.

Has anyone tried relactation with a breastpump? It's my understanding that I need to pump for 15 minutes on each side every 2 hours round the clock to reestablish my supply. What about fenugreek or marshmallow root?

DH has the month off because he's having surgery and I'd really like to try and reestablish my supply while I have someone here to help out with Chase. It's been hard for me to pump as much as I would like to when it's just me and him all day. And we now know he's allergic or sensitive to cow's milk and his formula is about $60 a week (Nutramigen) and I'd really like to get as much breastmilk for him as I can.

TIA!

ETA: And Mother's Milk tea, how much do you have to drink daily?
  2. Senior Member
    Try latching him!

I drink about 3 glasses of mothers milk tea a day, and I take fenugreek and eat oatmeal. I have problems with a low supply and these things definetly make a difference.

I dont know much about relactation, but La Leche Leagues website probably has some good info for you, or Kelly Mom. Good luck!!
  3. Senior Member
    I forgot, Ive heard supplemental nursers help!

Supplemental Nursing Systemâ„¢ (SNS) - Medela