Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Breastfeeding worries

1. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

Question Breastfeeding worries

Advertisements
    I am so paranoid I wont have a good enough supply after a while with Gracie like with Zayne. I don't get a full feeling between feedings now, even the occasions she's goes 3 or so hours. I am worried that I don't feel full... should I be worried?

Did anyone else's breasts feel almost completely normal while BF'ing but still have a good supply?
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I don't have any children so I have never breastfed, but I am a dietitian and I know that boobs produce milk on demand. The more she is at your boob, the more milk you will produce. Even if you just pump or hand pump once and a while it will tell your boobs you need more milk and thus produce more. Worring/stress can also make it harder to produce more milk. I don't know if that was anything new to you, but I'm sure you have plenty for your little girl. Good luck!!
    Remember OPSEC Please!!
    Don't post dates and sensitive information.
  3. Senior Member
    It is completly normal to not feel full. As long as she has the right amout of wet diapers, her soft spot isn't sunken in, and she is gaining weight then she is great. No worries.
  4. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by amazinggrace View Post
    It is completly normal to not feel full. As long as she has the right amout of wet diapers, her soft spot isn't sunken in, and she is gaining weight then she is great. No worries.

Right now I definitely think she is getting enough, I'm just worried now after the issues with losing my supply with Zayne .
  5. Senior Member
    l
    Last edited by kristin_; 01-10-2010 at 11:26 PM.
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by amazinggrace View Post
    I've been going 13 months strong and haven't felt "full" unless I've got longer then 7 hours. Don't worry about your milk supply. Sometimes, worrying makes it worse then it is. Just relax and go with the flow.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  7. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by kristin_ View Post
    did you try blessed thistle or mothers' milk tea (there's one other--but I forget the name--I will try to look it up) to boost your supply with your DS? maybe you could start using them now to boost for your daughter

I never had to use any supplements, but I know my lactation consultant recommended them if one were to have supply issues

Yup I tried the tea and plan to get some this time around. I can't use fenugreek though because I have low blood sugar and it makes it even worse.
  8. Senior Member
    I have a good supply, and I haven't felt full except when I've gone for 8+ hrs without nursing. I've been breastfeeding for over 6 months now.
  9. Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta
    Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta
    i only feel full if i go more than 4 hours without nursing or pumping. if you're worried, go a day or two pumping between each feeding to boost your supply.
  10. X
    X
    After a couple of months the full feeling completely went away and my supply was ... plentiful with both girls.
    I agree with pumping in between feedings if you've had supply issues in the past.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast