Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What would you do?

1. Miss Puerto Rico
    Miss Puerto Rico

What would you do?

Advertisements
    Little Gio has been doing this thing that drives me crazy while nursing. Most of the times he's eating during the day he eats for about 3-4 minutes and then he just gets distracted with things around an turn his head somewhere with the nipple still in his mouth OUCH!!! then looks at me and SMILE BIG (that part I love and totally melt) but I keep telling him eat and turning his head back to where it's suppose to be. When we went to visit family this past weekend it was worse since there was so much new stuff around he's never seen before.
    It's gotten to the point that worries me cause I don't know if he's eating enough but then I think to my self "he will eat when he's hungry" but then I think.. "is he getting what he needs?"
    I've tried covering his head with a blankie so he can't see around him and the boobie
    I've tried putting my hand next to his cheek so he can't turn his head
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    How old is he again? DD did that and it was aggrivating but your right, he will eat if hes hungry. The only thing that worked was being in a dark room all alone.
  3. Senior Member
    '
    Last edited by kristin_; 01-11-2010 at 12:00 AM.
  4. Senior Member
    Last edited by mpwife2007; 01-11-2010 at 10:32 AM.
  5. Miss Puerto Rico
    Miss Puerto Rico
    He will be 6 months on Saturday (I can't believe it ) He does wonderful at night but not so good during the day unless he is tired. My sister says it is a phase they go through.
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    My baby does that. The older he got (he is now 7 months), the less he nursed. He only takes about 5 minutes total to nurse from both sides now, and when he is full he starts smiling and looking around, so I just put my shirt back down.
  7. Miss Puerto Rico
    Miss Puerto Rico
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizzle Mizzle View Post
    My baby does that. The older he got (he is now 7 months), the less he nursed. He only takes about 5 minutes total to nurse from both sides now, and when he is full he starts smiling and looking around, so I just put my shirt back down.
    That's what I've been doing too. Playing around=no boob.
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaky View Post
    That's what I've been doing too. Playing around=no boob.
    Yeah, Jace will do the same thing.. smile and look around, then start nursing again and pull my nipple when he turns his head. When he starts that I just cover back up and am done.
  9. Amy
    Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by kristin_ View Post
    try nursing in a dark room...no tv, etc. I had to do that with my son when he was around 5-7 months old. He was just to interested in everything around him
    It's probably a phase
    Absolutely. Children pay attention to so much- they take everything in. I still find it fascinating- I'll be reading a book to Autumn and will basically be zoning out (despite the fact that I'm doing the voices and everything) and she'll ask a question about something I JUST read, and I have to go back and read it again. Meanwhile, Autumn soaks up everything like a sponge, paying attention to everything she sees, hears, feels...

So, I would minimize distractions, because he's going to be looking around if there are exciting things to look at or listen to. Nurse him in a dark room, maybe with some calming music or something.
  10. Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta
    Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta
    dd is only 3 months and she does this too. i usually stop nursing until she remembers that she's hungry.
    it's hard when i'm trying to get out the door for work and she starts playing around; i feel your frustration, but i wouldn't worry about it if he's maintaining a healthy weight.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast