Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Crying

1. Senior Member

Help Crying

Advertisements
    Okay, maybe this is completely normal but I have to ask. For the last several days I have been crying all the time. I feel so emotional all the time. Charlee is just a week old and I assume that it's just the change in hormones and that my body will soon adjust. I recognize that I'm doing it and can't really control it. My husband went back to work today and I cried about that all weekend long because I wish he could be home with us for awhile longer. I've cried about the fact that I'm not pregnant anymore because I enjoyed it so much. I've cried because I'm so excited that my daughter is here and because I'm so in love with her. I've cried because I know she won't stay this little for very long. And now I'm sitting here crying just because. I don't feel depressed or anything like that, in fact I'm overjoyed.

Last night I had a fever and it broke around 4:30 in the morning. I woke up and told my husband that I thought something was wrong with me. My side of the bed was soaked and my clothes were wringing wet. My husband told me that it felt like someone had poured a cup of water on my pillow. So that also is concerning to me since I had a c-section. I called my doctor's office this morning to schedule my post-op visit for this week and told them about it. They said they'd have the nurse call me back but no one ever has. I'm just worried that the fever is a sign of infection or something. Anyway, I just didn't know if anyone had any insight they could share...
    Mommyof2in09 is my Irish Twin Mommy Wifey
  2. LT
    I cried like a baby for days after giving birth (also c-section), not sure about fever but i did sweat myself into puddles, i think it's the body readjusting or the hormones or something
    and again, congrats on your beautiful baby!
  3. deployment #2: 1 month down!
    deployment #2: 1 month down!
    I don't know about the fever but the crying is perfectly normal. I cried for the first two weeks. I wouldn't worry about the emotional rollercoaster until after your lochia is gone. If by then you're still feeling overly emotional, then talk to your doctor. But I don't think it will take that long. It sounds like you just have the baby blues.
  4. Senior Member
    I cried what seemed like constantly the first couple weeks after Carter was born. IDK about the temp, but Im glad youve callled your dr about it. Its normal to be emotional for a while after you have the baby,
  5. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

Are you sure you had a fever? Did you actually take your temp? Sweating a LOT after having a baby is very normal.
  6. Senior Member
    Yeah, my temperature was 101.1 on Sunday evening and then again last night I had a low grade fever of 100.2. But I don't have a fever this morning. It's strange... I just worry a little about it because of the surgery part. It concerns me that there may be an infection or something else going on related to the c-section causing it to happen.
  7. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by better2gether View Post
    Yeah, my temperature was 101.1 on Sunday evening and then again last night I had a low grade fever of 100.2. But I don't have a fever this morning. It's strange... I just worry a little about it because of the surgery part. It concerns me that there may be an infection or something else going on related to the c-section causing it to happen.

I'd definitely talk to the Dr then. My sister ended up with a bad infection after her first csection.
  8. I love my life!
    I love my life!
    I had my first break down the day after we got home. DS1 was wanting me to help him and wouldnt quit bugging me, and I was changing our new little one so he was pissed and screaming and hubby was still sleeping cus he let me sleep for a bit so I was giving him his turn to sleep. And I broke down balling. Dh came in the nursery and was like are you ok? And he was like wow honey, you just need to go sit down for a bit. I had anther break down yesterday cus there is just so much stuff that needs to get done around the house and I cant seem to get it all done.
  9. Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta
    Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta
    your homones will adjust after week 2
    the sweating is normal because you retained a lot of water while prego. now your body gets rid of it, one way, through sweating. that won't last long.

as for the fever, check with doc!
  10. Senior Member
    Well, I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one that is experiencing this crying stuff. I wasn't very emotional during the pregnancy, in fact I just laughed and giggled. We all laughed and said that I was just a jolly pregnant person (I really enjoyed being pregnant). And now to all of a sudden begin experiencing these crying episodes is an adjustment to me. I don't want anyone to think that I'm not overjoyed and happy right now. I guess that I've just been afraid the tears will be misinterpreted by others.