Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Ive got a clogged duct HELP!! Plus feeding issues...

1. Senior Member

Sad Ive got a clogged duct HELP!! Plus feeding issues...

Advertisements
    Grace never seems full EVER!! She eats for like 5 min max then crys a roots around for more so I give it and she is on there for maybe another 2 mins. there is only maybe once thru out the day where she is on for more than that and to top it all off I woke up in horrible pain from a clogged duct It hurts SO bad, I did a hot shower at 4:30am to try and relive the pain, which did nothing, so I have pumped and nursed as much as she will on that side, which hurts too (it is getting better). Right now I have a heating pad on my chest which is sorta helping but not really. I am just so frustrated. I feel horrible for wanting to give up, but it has been painful from the beginning up until about Fri. and now this UGH!!!

Oh by the way she has gained weight, she was 7.3 when we lft the hospital on the 18th and as of fri. she was 7.14. So she is getting milk, I am just in pain

Sorry if nothing makes since I am just frustrated and needed to type it out, thanks for listening...
  2. Junior Member
    can you take some tylenol to help with the pain. Ive never experienced a clogged duct so im not much help there. I hope it starts feeling better soon.
  3. Senior Member
    How much milk is she taking at a time? I always say if they are hungry, feed them. Hayden ate like a little pig when he came home and he still does.
  4. Senior Member
    I dont know how much, i do know without a clogged duct i pump about 2-3 oz each breast. Since it yas been clogged thogh iam barly getting 1oz from that side.
  5. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

When I had a clogged duct with my last son I put a warm cloth on my breast and massaged it while he nursed. Tough it through this part and it will get better!

I was miderable for a while with my last son, but it got better. This time with Gracie it wasn't near as bad. I needed a nipple shield for a few days because one of my nipples hurt like hell but now things are going great!
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Jace was cluster feeding a lot the first month, but it got better after that. I swear I spent the first month sitting on the couch nursing him! If you can make it through the first few weeks it gets so much better and you will be glad you did it! I wanted to just quit a few times, too. But, I got great support and info here, and we are almost at the 8 month now for breastfeeding exclusively!
  7. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

Oh yah, Gracie just finally stopped cluster feeding the past couple of days.