Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Question for Breastfeeding Moms: TMI**

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries

Question for Breastfeeding Moms: TMI**

Advertisements
    How long are my boobs gonna leak? Will they lead the whole time I'm nursing?? This is annoying
  2. Senior Member
    Mine leaked for about a month after delivery... Once they started to regulate production, they stopped leaking. It's been 6 months, and they haven't leaked for a long long time.
  3. Senior Member
    i never really leaked unless i was engorged
  4. Regular Member
    Mine leaked for about the first month but only when a baby cried or something like that. Once they got the whole supply/demand thing and stopped overproducing I didn't have issues with it.
  5. Senior Member
    Have you felt the milk "let down" tingle? Once your milk comes in and production levels out, it should get better. I remember the first time I feld the let down and I didn't know what it was. I remember figuring it out and for me it was almost like a valve, lol. It turned the milk on and off for baby and I only leaked when engorged after that. Before the first time (which was not right away for me), I think I leaked a little.

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - President Ronald Reagan
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    I guess I donno. Mickey's 12 weeks old this weekend and I'm still leading enough to need those annoying nursing pads. I feel the let down when I nurse, I pump because I constantly ache from being too "full", I feed on demand. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Lately they're always aching too. I donno.

I guess its what I get for it never hurting and never being engorged or pained so far Maybe it'll level out soon.
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by armywife227 View Post
    I guess I donno. Mickey's 12 weeks old this weekend and I'm still leading enough to need those annoying nursing pads. I feel the let down when I nurse, I pump because I constantly ache from being too "full", I feed on demand. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Lately they're always aching too. I donno.

I guess its what I get for it never hurting and never being engorged or pained so far Maybe it'll level out soon.
    To the bolded: I'd bet my right eye that's why you're leaking.. You're pumping, therefore your body thinks that the baby is ingesting all that milk. So your bewbs keep making more and more to feed the baby.. It's supply and demand..

The more milk you take from your breasts, the more milk your breasts will produce.. My advice would be to stop pumping, grit your teeth, and put up with three days of engorgement to level out your supply. Your supply won't ever get regulated if you pump, you'll naturally start over producing..

Do you have a lactation consultant you can call?
  8. Senior Member
    I don't really remember....a month or 2. ?
  9. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by leftover View Post
    To the bolded: I'd bet my right eye that's why you're leaking.. You're pumping, therefore your body thinks that the baby is ingesting all that milk. So your bewbs keep making more and more to feed the baby.. It's supply and demand..

The more milk you take from your breasts, the more milk your breasts will produce.. My advice would be to stop pumping, grit your teeth, and put up with three days of engorgement to level out your supply. Your supply won't ever get regulated if you pump, you'll naturally start over producing..

Do you have a lactation consultant you can call?
    What she said.

If you feel too full to handle, take a hot shower or hand express some milk... don't pump til you are empty. You just want the really full painful feeling to go away which only takes a tiny bit of milk release but you want your baby to actually empty you and determine how much your boobs make and when. Breast feeding is supply and demand. The more you take out, the more you make.
  10. Surviving deployment #2
    Surviving deployment #2
    Blog Entries
    I never had that problem...sorry
    ZOE
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast