Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How long until you see a change?

1. Senior Member

How long until you see a change?

Advertisements
    Hayden went back to the dr yesterday because his cold still hadn't gone away. He was wheezing some and the doctor wants me to do nebulizier treatment. I started it at noon yesterday, 4 times throughout the day and once in the middle of the night. He has had it 3 times today so far. How long does it usually take until I notice a change in his cold improving?
  2. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Heather LB. View Post
    Hayden went back to the dr yesterday because his cold still hadn't gone away. He was wheezing some and the doctor wants me to do nebulizier treatment. I started it at noon yesterday, 4 times throughout the day and once in the middle of the night. He has had it 3 times today so far. How long does it usually take until I notice a change in his cold improving?

It wont help his cold, it'll help his wheezing and that's it. It's a breathing treatment, not a cold medicine . You should notice his wheezing being better after each treatment.
  3. Senior Member
    He is mainly coughing. I didn't really know he was wheezing, but when she listened to him, she noticed it. He doesn't really seem stuffy anymore. It was just the coughing and apparently wheezing.
  4. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    How long has he been sick? Did he have a fever? Did they do a chest x-ray?
  5. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

He is mainly coughing. I didn't really know he was wheezing, but when she listened to him, she noticed it. He doesn't really seem stuffy anymore. It was just the coughing and apparently wheezing.
    The coughing is probably good because he getting the junk out of his lungs. The nebulizer treatments are to make sure he is breathing ok and will probably help minimize some of the coughing. It wont get rid of his coughing though. Since you didn't hear the wheezing you wont notice the difference it makes in that obviously .
  6. Senior Member
    I would say he has been sick about 3 weeks. I don't think he is stuffy anymore. When he was, I was constantly able to get stuff out of his nose. He hasn't had a fever at all and they didn't do a chest xray. He goes back next Wednesday.
  7. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    I would say he has been sick about 3 weeks. I don't think he is stuffy anymore. When he was, I was constantly able to get stuff out of his nose. He hasn't had a fever at all and they didn't do a chest xray. He goes back next Wednesday.
    He's been sick for 3 weeks and he isn't improving? Have the doctors mentioned RSV?!?
  8. Senior Member
    The only thing that has improved was him being stuffy. The doctor said he hadn't gotten any better because he was wheezing They didn't say anything about RSV. I hate not knowing. The doctor said he wasn't wheezing constantly, but he was wheezing and that she felt confident the nebulizer would help him a lot. I think I am going to go nuts before all this is over with.
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I didn't know he was still sick.

I don't know anything about nebulizers, but I hope he feels better soon. Poor Hayden.
  10. Senior Member
    Thanks Lindsey
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast