Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Aversion to food after pregnancy?

1. Regular Member

Help Aversion to food after pregnancy?

Advertisements
    Has anyone else had this? Several days ago I was nauseous off and on for about 24 hours, since then food has been very unappealing to me and I practically have to force myself to eat anything. I'm concerned about this because even when I am able to force down some food it isn't very much at all and I know I'm not getting anywhere near the 2500 calories per day that I am supposed to be consuming to produce milk. I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced anything like this as nothing I've read mentions anything like it. TIA!
    Heather
  2. Miranda
    Miranda
    I had to FORCE myself to eat for the first 6 weeks after I had DD. They literally had a nurse sit on my bed at watch me eat before they would allow me to leave the hospital. I just had no desire & just the thought of eating made me sick. I just found foods that I liked enough to force myself to eat. Thank God for chicken, mac & cheese, salads, green beans, carrots, apples, and peanut butter. I literally ate the same meals every day for those first 6 weeks.