Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: IUD????

1. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie

IUD????

Advertisements
    I've been considering getting the Merina IUD. For those of you who have it, do you like it? And does the insurance cover any of it?
  2. Senior Member
    I haven't had any kiddos (only mentioning this because I see it's posted in New Moms!), but I have heard great things about IUDs and am goign to the doctor this week about getting one.

I'm just SO tired of pills and the Nuva Ring made me insane, and I keep forgetting my pills flipping back and forth working night shifts and if I don't change something soon I'm going to end up preggo which I don't want right now.

I'll stalk this thread and see what other people have to say about it .
  3. Senior Member
    I have the Mirena and love it. I had it for about 9 months in between my boys, and for just over 3 years now, haven't had any problems with it. The first time I had it I didn't have my period at all, this time I do have it, but longer cycles (about 36 days). But I think its more common to not have your period actually. It seems to be something you either love or hate- some women complain about feeling the strings, but I've never noticed them during sex or otherwise. Oh and Tricare covers it all.

For the PP, if you don't have kids you might have to fight a little harder for it. From what I've heard, doctor's don't always recommend it to women who haven't given birth yet, because your cervix has never been dilated, so I think its harder to place, and more painful. Maybe someone else will have better info on that though?
  4. deployment #2: 1 month down!
    deployment #2: 1 month down!
    Have it, hate it, can't wait to get it out but I promised myself I'd stick it out for at least 6 months. I've had it in for four months and it has completely fucked up my period. There have been months where it came a few days to two weeks early and then this month I was two weeks late. Then every period I've had since getting on it has lasted 2 weeks. I'm absolutely miserable with it.

ETA Tricare prime DOES cover it.
    ?
    Everyone I know who has had it has either loved or hated it. I thought about this time (gave birth 2.5 weeks ago) but know some people who had trouble conceiving afterwards so I wont get one (if I ever do) until I'm done having kids.
    ~Amanda~
    Wife to Dakota (6.25.2007)
    Mom to Reagan (9.10.2008)
    Mom to Liam (11.6.2009)
    Due with #3 December 21st
    Missing Our Three Angels (February 2010, March 2010, May 2010-twin)
  6. Sesa Wo Suban
    Sesa Wo Suban
    I have the Copper IUD and I love it! I have had it for 3 months and my period was a little heavier for maybe 2 months and I had some cramping (due to having a miscarriage a couple of months before the insertion) but now my period is light and I have no cramps. The Copper IUD has no hormones and is covered by Tricare.
  7. Loving my Sailor
    Loving my Sailor
    I have had it in for almost two years now (the Mirena) and I love it. I haven't had any issues with it. I haven't had my period since getting it put in except for maybe a little spotting every now and then. I LOVE not worrying about taking the pill! I wouldn't reccommend it though if you haven't had a child before, they insert it into your cervix and it attaches to your uterus, so you have a contraction. A little uncomfortable, but definately worth it overall!!
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    I've had Mirena in since April and I love it.
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I would like to know more bout the string part. Work wise pleasse.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  10. Sesa Wo Suban
    Sesa Wo Suban
    Quote Originally Posted by DakotaCowgirl View Post
    I would like to know more bout the string part. Work wise pleasse.
    The string hangs outside of your cervix so I check mine once a month. I just insert 2 fingers inside my vagina to be sure that the string is still outside my vagina and that the IUD hasn't fallen out or anything weird.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast