Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Eating during a growth spurt?

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries

Help Eating during a growth spurt?

Advertisements
    Muffin seems to be having another growth spurt. When they are sleeping a lot in a growth spurt, how do you make up for it in feeding when they don't want to eat any more than normal at a meal, they don't eat extra meals, and sometimes eat less meals than normal? Her torso is getting slender (her thighs and cheeks are still chubby as all get out though).

Who stole my baby manual when she was born?
  2. Senior Member
    Its normal for their eating to go out of sorts when they are growing.. Sometimes they aren't extra hungry just cause they are growing.. When they get older you tend to notice them eating more before they grow..
    Remember they always grow Up, then Out... Up the Out.. and when you get old like me... you just grow Out...
    my sexy beast.. and me
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Amberlyn View Post
    Its normal for their eating to go out of sorts when they are growing.. Sometimes they aren't extra hungry just cause they are growing.. When they get older you tend to notice them eating more before they grow..
    Remember they always grow Up, then Out... Up the Out.. and when you get old like me... you just grow Out...
    Ok. that makes me feel better. Thanks!
  4. Pass the Chocolate
    Pass the Chocolate
    True!! Growth and development is celphalocaudal (top down) and proximodistal (inside out)!!! Whew...flashback from Developmental Psych LOL!

The cephalocaudal trend is the prenatal growth from conception to 5 months when the head grows more than the body. It is also the trend of infants learning to use their upper limbs before their lower limbs. The proximodistal trend is the prenatal growth from 5 months to birth when the fetus grows from the inside of the body outwards. When referring to motor development, the proximodistal trend refers to the development of motor skills from the center of the body outwards.
  5. Senior Member
    I agree with everything they said.
    They'll make up for not eating now later on.
    It would always freak me out when my daughter would eat, but its perfectly normal.