Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: not gaining weight?

:D

Confused not gaining weight?

Advertisements
    we just came back from Bri's 2nd doctors appointment. her birth weight was 8 lbs. her first appointment when she was one week old she weighed 7 lbs 11 ozs. today at 2 weeks old she weighs 7 lbs 12 and 1/2 ozs. they said she should be gaining an ounce a day and shes only gained one ounce in two weeks. has anyone else had this happen? im trying not to worry too much but its kind of hard. especially since we have to get her bloodwork done later today to make sure nothing else is going on. i am NOT excited about that btw. we feed her 3 ounces every 3 hours except for when she sleeps but now the dr wants us to wake her up and feed her. we go back on monday but i want to know if anyone else had to deal with this and what exactly was the problem? TIA
  2. Senior Member
    Yep, we had the same thing happen. Georgia was 7lbs 12 oz when she was born and 7lbs 3 oz on her two day appointment (four days old). Then at her two week appointment she was only 7lbs 7 oz so we had to go back at three weeks and by then she was over 8lbs. I was worried too.
    Sounds like your little one is eating fine and maybe she's just having a slow start. I hope it's nothing more than just that.

:D
    Thanks! that makes me feel a little better.
  4. Senior Member
    Yeah, we had to go in for a couple weight checks in the beginning. He caught up really quickly though,.