Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need Help!

1. Member

Exclamation Need Help!

Advertisements
    Ok, heres what happened.
    I put Christopher in his jumperroo, the one that hangs on the door frame; when I came back in from getting the mail. I opened an envelope and next thing I know I heard plastic hitting the floor. The jumperroo had fell on the door frame! Christopher was lying face down on the floor, with a grazed scratch on his head.
    I picked him and immideately looked at his eyes. The pupils were in larged but did not stay the way for long. This happened at about 1200-1230, I've been watching him all day to see if he is seriously ok. Understandably he just wants to be held and comforted. He really doesn't want to take any of his naps. He is eating and acting like he normally does (except wanting to be held all the time).
    I am just crazy thinking that something is wrong or should I take him to get checked out. The only place open right now is the ER on base. DH is on duty till tomorrow, I really don't want to alert him if I'm just going insane.
    Needless to say I'm looking for a different jumperroo.
  2. Senior Member
    Honestly if it were me I would probably take him to get checked, just to be on the safe side and hey it's better safe than sorry IMO. Again that's just me and Im a worry wart.
    Mommy's Little Monkey Mommy's Little Princess
  3. Pass the Chocolate
    Pass the Chocolate
    If you are in any way concern I'd take him in. They'll see him pretty fast since he's an infant with a possible head injury. Trust your instincts. I'd take my infant in just to have him/her checked out. Better safe than sorry.

I'd recommend the type of jumpers that are stable, like the exersaucer kind,etc. Not the doorframe ones.
  4. Junior Member
    If you are worried, take him in. Id be doing that if I were you just because im a worry wort. Its always better to be told you are over protective, plus they wont laught at you or anything for taking him to the er. Do what you think is right for your baby. Keep us updated on how he is doing.
  5. Senior Member
    Id take him in if I was you
  6. molon labe
    molon labe
    I'd take him, but it just sounds like he was really scared to me.
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    I would take him in to get checked out. It's better to be safe.
  8. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcwifex07 View Post
    Ok, heres what happened.
    I put Christopher in his jumperroo, the one that hangs on the door frame; when I came back in from getting the mail. I opened an envelope and next thing I know I heard plastic hitting the floor. The jumperroo had fell on the door frame! Christopher was lying face down on the floor, with a grazed scratch on his head.
    I picked him and immideately looked at his eyes. The pupils were in larged but did not stay the way for long. This happened at about 1200-1230, I've been watching him all day to see if he is seriously ok. Understandably he just wants to be held and comforted. He really doesn't want to take any of his naps. He is eating and acting like he normally does (except wanting to be held all the time).
    I am just crazy thinking that something is wrong or should I take him to get checked out. The only place open right now is the ER on base. DH is on duty till tomorrow, I really don't want to alert him if I'm just going insane.
    Needless to say I'm looking for a different jumperroo.
    Definitely take him in, if you're really worried about it. It's better to seek help and it be nothing, than to not seek help and his condition worsen...
  9. Senior Member
    I would have been on my way out the door right after it happened!! Those kind of jumpers always scared me for that reason! Get on that goes on the floor.
  10. Member
    UPDATE
    Christopher is doing fine. I calmed him down and made sure nothing was broken. He ended up taking a very late nap and slept through the night. I told hubs when I took him dinner last night. I an exisaucer that a previous neighbor gave us, we'll see how he likes that. I need to tell my MIL to get rid of the one that she has.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast