Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: cloth diapers...which ones?

1. DH: you are my queen, my goddess, and my love. i love you.
    DH: you are my queen, my goddess, and my love. i love you.

Help cloth diapers...which ones?

Advertisements
    so, i'm having my first baby next March and i have a question...

what cloth diapers do you ladies recommend? i really wanna use cloth diapers, i just have NO IDEA where to look to get them, or what kinds to use. i figured asking ladies with experience would be the best route to go...

any advice or random information would be quite helpful!

TIA!
  2. Will Knit for Tattoos
    Will Knit for Tattoos
    For newborns I preferred my NB fitteds from here and my prefolds from here (unbleached orange edges...heaven on a new babe). For covers I used knit longies, Luxe baby wool covers, and Thirsties covers.
    MSOS BOYCOTT! Monday, January 4th. DO NOT LOG ON!
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    greenmountaindiapers.com
    abbyslane.com
    cottonbabies.com
    clothdiapernation.com (a forum like here but for cloth instead of military!)
    hyenacart.com

Those are the sites I frequent most for cloth diapers. My favorite diapers are WAHM made fitteds (The raven tree, bagshot row bamboo) but I also love prefolds (I use snappis instead of pins) Pockets are great for how easy they are... I especially love blueberries (pricey but well made with a great fit) and rumparooz (cheaper with awesome poo gussets!) both are one size so they last from around 8 pounds to about 35 pounds depending on the shape of your child. Bumgenius is a great beginner cloth diaper because it is so cheap however I really do feel you get what you pay for. They will last a good long while if you take care of them but their quality is definitely inferior to blueberries and rumparooz. For covers for those fitteds and prefolds, I like fleece and wool best. I also like mudshrimps covers if I'm getting PUL (mudshrimps is a WAHM on hyenacart) and thirsties are a good cover too.

One thing I highly recommend - if you get OS pockets, seriously consider snaps. Velcro doesn't last as long and gets irritating once your child starts moving. Velcro is great for newborns or for a better fit between snap settings but snaps last longer and hold better.
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I am having my first baby in February ..But here is my plan

Prefolds(all sizes...and you will need to buy covers as well)

http://www.greenmountaindiapers.com/prefolds.htm

http://www.greenmountaindiapers.com/superbrite.htm

I bought some G2's today from

http://www.babysteals.com/

AIO I love and have had people tell me good things

http://www.rumparooz.com/
    I actually am registered for these

Great site
    http://www.diaperpin.com/home.asp
  5. Senior Member
    We are not CD untill baby gets a little bigger probably when she is 2ish mons (CD a newborn intimidates me LOL) But when we start we are going to use BG Flips and econobums and probably a few Grobabys too.
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nikkilynn View Post
    We are not CD untill baby gets a little bigger probably when she is 2ish mons (CD a newborn intimidates me LOL) But when we start we are going to use BG Flips and econobums and probably a few Grobabys too.
    CDing a newborn is actually easier than cding an older baby... especially with the type of diapers you have listed there which are basically a prefold and a cover... just by infant and/or small prefolds and small bummis or thirsties. Fold the prefold into thirds and place it in the cover and put on. Exactly like the BG flips but MUCH cheaper It isn't OS obviously, but it will fit little newborns and then you can use the small prefolds as inserts/doublers for other diapers as the baby grows and as burp rags and cleaning rags too
  7. DH: you are my queen, my goddess, and my love. i love you.
    DH: you are my queen, my goddess, and my love. i love you.
    thank-you, ladies! this info helps, at least i have somewhere to look!
  8. So lost and wandering.
    So lost and wandering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBryTree View Post
    CDing a newborn is actually easier than cding an older baby... especially with the type of diapers you have listed there which are basically a prefold and a cover... just by infant and/or small prefolds and small bummis or thirsties. Fold the prefold into thirds and place it in the cover and put on. Exactly like the BG flips but MUCH cheaper It isn't OS obviously, but it will fit little newborns and then you can use the small prefolds as inserts/doublers for other diapers as the baby grows and as burp rags and cleaning rags too
    The NB is the easiest stage to CD.
  9. Senior Member
    Bry is the cloth diaper QUEEN... Chevygirl is another one to ask.

I like the prefolds and Bummis too. They are so much cheaper then the spendy AIOs. But I like the Dappi vinyl pants because they don't sharp edges like the Bummi wraps. They're not the cutest things, but they are real easy and only about $4-$5.

I still fumble with the Snappis for some reason, I use pins.
  10. Senior Member
    I'm too scared to pin. Look for covers with gussets, I find they work best for the tiny stage. I also like my GENY cover. There's lots of options, a lot depends on what kind you think will work best for you. I recommend buying a small assortment (there are a lot of starter packs out there) and then stocking up once the baby is here with what you like. We use EVERYTHING. I get bored easily so I like to have the variety.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast