Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone have this carseat?

1. Senior Member

Does anyone have this carseat?

Advertisements
    It's a Safety 1st onBoard infant carseat and I'm looking for reviews. DS is 5 1/2 months old and weighs at least 20 lbs and is over 24 inches tall-meaning he is too big for the requirements of his infant seat he has now. I'm playing the great carseat debate with myself as to get this one and keep him rear facing till he outgrows it (and we do want more kids so we would have an up to date seat and our old one will "expire"), that way we don't have to take him out of his seat when we are out and about this winter. We live in Nebraska and I don't want to unbundle and rebundle any more than I have to, it's a mess in the winter and this way we could just throw a blanket over the seat and go.

Or do we just want to purchase the convertable one that stays in the car and you turn it around at 1 year old? We wouldn't have to buy a new one at 1 then.

Sorry to ramble but my brain is so frazzled debating this and DH is zero help. Can anyone help me out?

2. Senior Member
  3. Senior Member
    I haven't seen that one before, but that looks really nice, with an AWESOME price tag!!!
    I know Nebraska sucks in the winter, but if it were me, I would just get a convertible and do it that way... I can't believe you still carry him in his pumpkin seat at over 20 pounds... !! (I can't carry them in those that long.. its too hard on my weak little arms.. LOL)...!
    My son was 7 months old in the Winter and his sister is 11 months older than him... It wasn't too bad.. (we just left Nebraska)
    my sexy beast.. and me
  4. Senior Member
    It's not so bad to carry him-I've built up some muscles, LOL! I have DH carry him whenever possible though, cause after about 5 minutes it does get really heavy.

5. Senior Member
    I would get a convertible. Most convertibles rearface till 35lbs (a few go to 40lbs) and you don't have to turn them at one just because they are in a convertible.

Check out car-seat.org there is a ton of info over there and you don't even have to register to post. The techs over there can help you find the best seat in your budget that fits you car and child the best.
  6. So lost and wandering.
    So lost and wandering.
    I am not a fan of the baby buckets so i always say go for the convertable.

They can rear face until 35 pounds in some, and be harnessed until 65 lbs. That is the safest way to travel.

also our convertable that does the things i mentioned above was only $10 more than the infant seat you posted.
  7. Regular Member
    I perfer to have my baby in a carry car seat epically during winter. I have the Greco snugride 32, and I love it!! they go up to 32'' and 32lbs

Here is a link to them!!
    http://www.gracobaby.com/Catalog/Pag...59110||1#/1749
  8. and still I think of you
    and still I think of you
    Blog Entries
    I agree that just because you get a convertable seat that you do not have to turn them at one. Bella will be rear facing til at least 2 and maybe til the 40lb limit on her carseat.
    ?
    I would go convertible. Also, they can stay RF past one. RF is 500% safer than FF for a 1-2 year old child.

Car-seat.org has tons of great info and there are a lot of nice convertible seats that aren't too much more expensive than the infant carrier you posted and will last you much longer!!
    ~Amanda~
    Wife to Dakota (6.25.2007)
    Mom to Reagan (9.10.2008)
    Mom to Liam (11.6.2009)
    Due with #3 December 21st
    Missing Our Three Angels (February 2010, March 2010, May 2010-twin)
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nikkilynn View Post
    I would get a convertible. Most convertibles rearface till 35lbs (a few go to 40lbs) and you don't have to turn them at one just because they are in a convertible.

Check out car-seat.org there is a ton of info over there and you don't even have to register to post. The techs over there can help you find the best seat in your budget that fits you car and child the best.

I second that! I wouldn't turn your child FF at 1yrs old! There is tons of info at car-seat.org and the ladies are SO helpful! Good luck with your decision!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast