Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: His cough is back... Update in OP

1. Hooked on the sauce
    Hooked on the sauce

Mad His cough is back... Update in OP

Advertisements
    He sounds exactly like he did when he had bronchiolitis a few weeks back. I've been giving him nebulizer treatments but it's time to go back to the doctor. Sigh, probably more prednisone. He's miserable and so am I. I hate that chest cough. And none of the home stuff is working (Vicks, steamy shower...)

Damn weather.

UPDATE

He has Bronchitis.

Prednisone, Pulmicort... More meds, more breathing treatments.
    Last edited by devilwhiterose; 11-02-2009 at 01:16 PM. Reason: Update
  2. Senior Member
    Oh no! I hope he gets better soon when i first moved here ever fall for the first 3 years i got bronchiolitis. The change in weather can be a pain.
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Hope he feels better soon.
  4. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

My oldest has asthma and allergies and he was like that the entire time we lived in Virginia. It turned out to be issues with the house that were aggrivating it.
  5. Hooked on the sauce
    Hooked on the sauce
    Quote Originally Posted by Caimbrie View Post
    My oldest has asthma and allergies and he was like that the entire time we lived in Virginia. It turned out to be issues with the house that were aggrivating it.
    I think this is just seasonal. Ever since we moved down here (and even though I LOVE it here), I have NEVER had worse allergy/asthma problems in my life! I used to take the nebulizer maybe twice a year back in WI...now I'm doing it a few times a week...along with Claritin and a nose spray every morning.

But...I love it here. Dammit. Why can't there be a happy medium!
  6. Senior Member
    Ugh! I'm sorry I hope he gets better soon!
  7. Senior Member
    Ds would have the same problems and it was blamed on allergies. After months and months of treatments and medicines, finally figured out it was terrible ear infections with the ear draining into the throat causing DS cough. Once we got tubes never had the problem again.
  8. Senior Member
    Ds was diagnosed with that two weeks ago, given a steroid and it didn't go away. Took him into the Dr. a week later and it was an ear infection. His ped also told me that he now couldn't get his shots for another month, because they can't be given within a month of taking a steroid.
  9. Hooked on the sauce
    Hooked on the sauce
    Quote Originally Posted by luvmytanker06 View Post
    Ds was diagnosed with that two weeks ago, given a steroid and it didn't go away. Took him into the Dr. a week later and it was an ear infection. His ped also told me that he now couldn't get his shots for another month, because they can't be given within a month of taking a steroid.
    Really?! That's where we are right now. At the time, he had a left ear infection and Bronchiolitis. I'm pretty sure the ear infection was because he cut a tooth...but I'm not 100%. His cough subsided for a few weeks and now we're back to the same nasty chest cough. His nose is running like a faucet and he's constantly coughing.

I'm going to call the Pediatrician today and see if I can get him in tomorrow...