Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Too Attached?

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Help Too Attached?

Advertisements
    I'm not sure if this will even make sense.. But here it goes!

I'm worried that I'm too attached to DD. I haven't left her with anyone yet.. And it's not really a trust issue, it's an issue with me. When my dad was here, he said he'd watch her so DH and I could have a date since he was going back to the ship soon.. I started crying before we even started getting ready (like I hadn't even showered yet so we weren't even CLOSE to leaving.). So we didn't go. We're co-sleeping right now, but when DH gets back (which is soon) she's going to have to go back in her pack n play. Even though her pack n play is in our room and right next to my side of the bed.. I'm really having anxiety about it and I'm just so sad about it.

I just.. don't know how to break this. Is it normal? Almost everyone I come in contact with that knows DH is coming home soon says, "I'm sure you'll be glad for the break and being able to have time alone!" But I'm not. Even with DH here, I just can't leave my baby. Just thinking about it makes me tear up.
  2. Amy
    Account Closed
    Account Closed
    She's only two months old! You aren't too attached, trust me. I don't think it's possible to be too attached to your child.
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I think a lot of Moms feel that way. I know I did with DS. I didn't leave him with anyone for a long time, and then it was only family. I'm just now getting comfortable leaving DS and DD at places like the youth center and CDC.
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Amy View Post
    She's only two months old! You aren't too attached, trust me. I don't think it's possible to be too attached to your child.
    My mom keeps saying it'll just take time.. But I feel like a freak!
  5. Senior Member
    Im the same exact way. I cant even leave Carter with DH if they arent in the house. Not because I dont trust him, but because I worry too much about Carter. Its terrible. We found an amazing sitter and I havent been able to use her. Id like to just go shopping or something but I cant!! Its not a problem with Carter, he could care less as long as Im back to feed him Its all me. Feel free to PM me about it!
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by xocassandralee View Post
    Im the same exact way. I cant even leave Carter with DH if they arent in the house. Not because I dont trust him, but because I worry too much about Carter. Its terrible. We found an amazing sitter and I havent been able to use her. Id like to just go shopping or something but I cant!! Its not a problem with Carter, he could care less as long as Im back to feed him Its all me. Feel free to PM me about it!
    Thank you DH always tells me that it's not like she's going to forget about me, but I'm so worried that she'll get upset or scared and want mommy and mommy's not there
  7. Miss Puerto Rico
    Miss Puerto Rico
    It is perfectly normal and I agree, you can't be too attached to your baby. You guys have that connection that you guys will never have with anyone else.
  8. Senior Member
    I'm still like that with DD there is only one or two people I would trust her with (one being DH). I started her in a mother's day out program this year and the first day I dropped her off I cried like I've never cried before in my life. I think it's all part of being a mommy.

9. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Molly is 7 months old and I have only left her a total of three or four times. and I call sometimes. and I always keep my phone in my hand. and I worry.

I only left molly ONCE before 2 months old and it was because I had to go get something that would only take all of 20 minutes. It was awful hahaha and I didn't leave her again til she was like 4 months old.

She would have slept in our room longer if Andrew didn't insist she stay in her own room when we moved down here... she was almost 2 months old at that point though so I caved. I wouldn't have before then!
  10. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by navywifey514 View Post
    Thank you DH always tells me that it's not like she's going to forget about me, but I'm so worried that she'll get upset or scared and want mommy and mommy's not there
    That happened yesterday. I left her with my MIL (which I did NOT want to do) and she cried almost the whole time. My mil didn't call either which pissed me off because we would have gone back!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast