Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Confused. UPDATE IN OP*

1. 웃♥유
    웃♥유
    Born and raised in Cleveland Ohio, but currently in Oklahoma City.

Confused Confused. UPDATE IN OP*

Advertisements
    Well today is Adrians two month check up appt and I am sooo nervous about the vaccines. I really dont want him to have any yet. I just think he is too young for all these shots. But I dont breastfeed so he is more vulnerable to all these diseases im sure. I just dont know what to do. I research alot but I am still so confused. If I decide to delay them all how long can I delay for? I am not totally against the vaccinations, I just dont want him to have them just yet. He's not going to daycare and he is rarely around other children.. Ugh I am so confused.

UPDATE:

Okay so went today and got his check up. He is a healthy little boy.
    But our pediatrician is very rude. I told him I would like to delay his shots because I was not comfortable getting them just yet. He said "well there is no need for them to be delayed and blah blah" So I said okay then if we give him shots today I prefer maybe just two at a time and he pretty much said "no" He was very rude, he wouldnt talk to us about nothing. He insisted on giving him all his shots now and he told us to pretty much find a new pediatrician if we didnt do it his way. I would have been okay giving him one or two today, just not all at once. But the pedi wouldnt even compromise. So I told him we will just get a new pedi. He said goodluck finding a pedi that will work with your schedule. I feel horrible now. Maybe I do need to get them all now. Gosh why must this be so hard?
    Last edited by Shauna.; 10-26-2009 at 03:38 PM.
  2. lord help us all!
    lord help us all!
    do what you feel is right in your heart. don't let someone push you into something that you don't feel is right for your family
  3. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    i got emi all of her shots when she was scheduled to. my DH and i see that they are there for a reason, and we had our vaccines. so we do them
  4. 웃♥유
    웃♥유
    Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyToaster View Post
    do what you feel is right in your heart. don't let someone push you into something that you don't feel is right for your family
    Gosh I didnt know how hard this decision would be.
  5. lord help us all!
    lord help us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shauna. View Post
    Gosh I didnt know how hard this decision would be.
    well, why do you feel he's too young? what are concerns with him getting them?

i got Lo his. i never thought about him not getting them (or giving them later). its what the ped's recommend, and i turned out ok, so i did it.
  6. 웃♥유
    웃♥유
    Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyToaster View Post
    well, why do you feel he's too young? what are concerns with him getting them?

i got Lo his. i never thought about him not getting them (or giving them later). its what the ped's recommend, and i turned out ok, so i did it.
    Well my MIL really got me worried. She invited me to a seminar that her Dr. was having about vaccinations and there are alot of risks I had no idea about. So now I am just paranoid. I feel that he doesnt need all these shots just yet. I dont want him to have a bad reaction or anything. That seminar really just scared the crap out of me I guess.
  7. Senior Member
    do you want to take the risk of him getting sick with something you could have prevented?

No one is guaranteed happiness. You can pursue it, but if you happen to find success along the way on that road to happiness, Conservatives believe you should not be demonized or penalized for it.
    Glenn Beck
  8. 웃♥유
    웃♥유
    Quote Originally Posted by inmansgirl06 View Post
    do you want to take the risk of him getting sick with something you could have prevented?
    Or do I want to risk him having a bad reaction? So many risks both ways.
  9. lord help us all!
    lord help us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shauna. View Post
    Well my MIL really got me worried. She invited me to a seminar that her Dr. was having about vaccinations and there are alot of risks I had no idea about. So now I am just paranoid. I feel that he doesnt need all these shots just yet. I dont want him to have a bad reaction or anything. That seminar really just scared the crap out of me I guess.
    talk to your ped about it when you get there. tell him your concerns and ask every question you have...write them down before you go so you don't forget. then decide from there. if you still don't feel comfortable doing it then go ahead and wait if you want. many people are doing delayed vaccination these days. so you wouldn't be a bad mom or a weirdo or anything.
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    The main thing you need to look out for is that they aren't putting mercury in the shots.

But I never thought twice about getting Reese's shots.

Like the poster above me said. Write down all the things you want to ask that way when you get there you won't forget what you wanted to ask. The doctor will be glad to talk to you about everything.
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast