Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: mini-pill or POPs users...

1. Senior Member

mini-pill or POPs users...

Advertisements
    Last edited by Blessed Ohana; 01-05-2010 at 02:02 PM. Reason: .
  2. Nikolai is here!!
    Nikolai is here!!
    Whats POP
    Gearing up for deployment #2
  3. Senior Member

progestin-only pill ...like when you're breastfeeding so it doesn't affect your milk supply
  4. Senior Member
    I was only on a POP for two months after Georgia was born. Now I'm back on a regular pill and GAINING weight. I think (for me) it has more to do with all the cookies, chocolate bars, and pies I've been eating. Not good.
    Is weight gain one of the listed side effects of the mini pill? Give it more time, it will happen, especially since you are eating well and exercising.

5. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by CristinaFaye View Post
    I was only on a POP for two months after Georgia was born. Now I'm back on a regular pill and GAINING weight. I think (for me) it has more to do with all the cookies, chocolate bars, and pies I've been eating. Not good.
    Is weight gain one of the listed side effects of the mini pill? Give it more time, it will happen, especially since you are eating well and exercising.
    it is listed as one of the less common side effects. apparently, the mini-pill is easier on the weight gain issue than combined pills because it is progestin...but not so much in my case! i just wonder since hubby is home and will be for longer than the first 9 months this time around...if i'm just gonna sit stagnant on my weight and not lose any until he either has a vasectomy or we decide on another form of BC.
  6. lord help us all!
    lord help us all!
    i'm using the POP. i haven't noticed any side effects. but i also am not trying to lose weight. i assume you are still BFing. so i would say once you stop BFing to try a different pill or form of BC. other than that...i have no clue. sorry...i'm pretty useless on the weight loss issue.
  7. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyToaster View Post
    i'm using the POP. i haven't noticed any side effects. but i also am not trying to lose weight. i assume you are still BFing. so i would say once you stop BFing to try a different pill or form of BC. other than that...i have no clue. sorry...i'm pretty useless on the weight loss issue.
    lucky! lol. i gained over 50 lbs with each pregnancy so i'm def. trying to lose weight. i did lose all of it with the first pregnancy though. i've been looming at 133 for a while now and am really wanting to break 130 one of these days!
  8. Senior Member