Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: debating...

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Question debating...

Advertisements
    Whether to put the crib together or not...Im not due until december and ill be moving back to oklahoma when the hubs deploys march/april...

We got the pack 'n play that has the bassinet on top...Ive heard of many people using their pack 'n play for almost the 7-8 months for the baby to sleep in...especially if they didnt use a regular bassinet.

If im timing it almost right carson will be 4-6 months old when i move back to my parents in oklahoma. (all depending on when the hubs deploys)

My mom bought carson crib already. I just dont know if its worth her sending it here. Cause DH leaves for NTC in a lil over a week and wont be back until supposively a couple of days before thanksgiving..but i highly doubt it cause they cant make up their dang minds when they will be leaving. So I just dont want to have to go through the hassel of putting together a crib and then taking it down not even 4 months later and taking a risk of losing pieces to the crib..

So should we just stick with our pack 'n play and wait for the crib to be put together when i move back home?
    Because even if we want to move carson to his room before DH deploys the pack 'n play is very easy to move into the other room.
    Oh and ... How long did your baby stay in your room?

TIA!
  2. Senior Member
    DD slept in a pack n play for 4 months before her crib made it down to Tampa (it was at my parents house). I don't see an issue as long as it's not long term. They shouldn't be in a bassinet once they can flip though.
  3. Regular Member
    I think as long as the baby doesn't mind it then you are ok! My daughter is 5 weeks old and she will not sleep in the bassinet, From the minute i put her in it till i take her out she crys and fusses, When i put her in either her crib or bassinet she is fine!

So my advice would be to be prepared in case the baby doesn't like it!
  4. Photographer in Southern CA
    Photographer in Southern CA
    Blog Entries

since its at your moms I would say that you just wait. I think he will be fine in the pack and play, so many babies do it. if you know it won't be till he is 6 months, thats probably when i would say go ahead and get it
  5. Mommy to a Princess
    Mommy to a Princess
    Quote Originally Posted by Armywife2004 View Post
    I think as long as the baby doesn't mind it then you are ok! My daughter is 5 weeks old and she will not sleep in the bassinet, From the minute i put her in it till i take her out she crys and fusses, When i put her in either her crib or bassinet she is fine!

So my advice would be to be prepared in case the baby doesn't like it!
    DD hated both the pack n play and the bassinet so she has been sleeping in her crib since she was 2 weeks old
  6. I was a GREAT mom... until I had kids.
    I was a GREAT mom... until I had kids.
    Blog Entries
    Alexis was in her bassinet until she was too big for it (3 months) but Jordyn we kept her in the pack and play bassinet until 4 months.. just within the past month we moved her to her crib in a different room.