Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Weaning off the pacifier

1. deployment #2: 1 month down!
    deployment #2: 1 month down!

Question Weaning off the pacifier

Advertisements
    What age did you wean your baby off the pacifier? I'm not thinking of doing it yet but I've heard a year and sometimes two years. The idea of taking Matt's paci away terrifies me since that's the only way I can get him to go to sleep but I want to do what's best for him. So when did y'all do it?
  2. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    my ODD i weaned at 1 it was easy she had a cold so she had to choose between breathing and the paci. she chose breathing.
    my son was harder it wasn't till 18 months. He really held on to it. finally we lost the last one and that was it. its usually one to two hard nights of crying, but it gets better. just if you do it, do it. don't go back and forth kwim

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I didnt. She was always so sick between the C-diff and her ears and such and they said for me to definatly wait until after she got her tubes inserted. When we bought the house and moved in she actually gave it up on her own. She was 2.5 when she did. I was gonna take it away at 3 per her ped and dentist (they both wanted me to wait til 3 so she wouldnt use her thumb which can be harder) and then the day we moved she started chewing ALL her pacis and went thru 4 in 1 day. So I just simply stopped giving them to her and she didnt even ask. So she really just decided on her own she was done

My son never took one so that wasnt an issue with him
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Both my kids were 1 and I just took them away never to be seen again
  5. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    Emi stopped herself at 3months.
  6. deployment #2: 1 month down!
    deployment #2: 1 month down!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaymara View Post
    I didnt. She was always so sick between the C-diff and her ears and such and they said for me to definatly wait until after she got her tubes inserted. When we bought the house and moved in she actually gave it up on her own. She was 2.5 when she did. I was gonna take it away at 3 per her ped and dentist (they both wanted me to wait til 3 so she wouldnt use her thumb which can be harder) and then the day we moved she started chewing ALL her pacis and went thru 4 in 1 day. So I just simply stopped giving them to her and she didnt even ask. So she really just decided on her own she was done

My son never took one so that wasnt an issue with him
    That's my biggest fear with that. I don't want him to start sucking his thumb. I'm scared if I break him too soon since he's so dependent on it now that that's what he'll resort to.
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    He's only 9 months. To me that is definatly not too soon at all. And truthfully he may just give it up on his own. Just make sure that you brush his lil teethies good. I also never moved up in size. I stayed the smallest size the entire time for her
  8. Senior Member
    He was right around 2. He started chewing through them and one by one they went until there were no more left. It was a little rough at night the first few nights, but after that it was like he'd never had one to begin with. I was terrified of getting rid of them because he was so attached to go to sleep, but it was easier than I expected.
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Reese was a little over two. He weaned but we were about to take them from him.

He started biting the tops off...and we told him they were broke so he threw them in the garbage...he was okay with that and after the last one he threw away that was it...He never had a problem with it.
  10. Formerly known as coloradokitkat
    Formerly known as coloradokitkat
    Aubriana is almost 15 months and she is very dependent on her pacifier too. I plan on taking it from her when she is 2, maybe sooner or later depending on her. My mom told me that when she's old enough to know that something is 'broken' and it can't be fixed, that's when I can snip the nipples of the paci and tell her that "they are broken and that's it " And that she will understand and wean herself
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast