Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What do I do?

1. Senior Member

Help What do I do?

Advertisements
    Hayden has been fussy all day. This morning he a tiny bit of a diarrhea diaper. I took his temperature rectally and it was 99.5, which is higher than his norm. I gave him tylenol and I checked it an hour later and it was 97.6. I assumed all would be okay. I just checked it again after giving him tylenol again at 6 and it's back up to 99.5. I don't feel any bumps in his mouth on his gums. He usually pulls at his ears, so I don't know if it could be an ear infection or not. His temperature does bother me, so I am going to call his doctor. Am I missing something? He hasn't had anymore diarrhea diapers or anything. Just pee for the rest of the day. He has been sleeping somewhat more and eating the same. He didn't want his baby food today like he normally does either.

I am just a little worried. His temperature bothers me. Someone pointed out that if his temperature is 99.5 WITH tylenol, then it may be higher without tylenol.

2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    For my kids I would not be worried with that temp. But you say that it is a bit high for him and he is acting a bit different. However, it is also normal for the body temperature to be higher in the evening so I would wait until tomorrow and then see if I could get him seen by his ped if he is still acting that way
    An unconditional right to say what one pleases about public affairs is what I consider to be the minimum guarantee of the First Amendment.
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Germanchick View Post
    For my kids I would not be worried with that temp. But you say that it is a bit high for him and he is acting a bit different. However, it is also normal for the body temperature to be higher in the evening so I would wait until tomorrow and then see if I could get him seen by his ped if he is still acting that way
    It is very, very low grade. It hasn't just been this evening though. It was like that this morning too, so I am waiting for the on call doctor to call me back. I just want to make sure it's okay and to put my mind at ease. I worry too much.

4. Senior Member

5. Miss Puerto Rico
    Miss Puerto Rico
    I don't think you could ever worry too much when it comes to your kids, at least that's how I think.
    with Giovanni I would not worry with that temperature but I sure would keep an eye close on him.
    I hope the doctor call you soon, to me it doesn't sound like anything serious but you want to make sure.
    Keep us updated.
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    It sounds to me like he might be teething. How old is he again? I would call before going all the way there, it's a pretty low grade fever.
  7. Senior Member
    He will be 5 months old on the 26th. I called last night, and the doctor told me to bring him in this morning if he still had one. It was 98.3 this morning, so maybe he is teething.

8. Senior Member
    glad hes doing better
  9. Senior Member
    I usually combine a cool bath with tylenol, to help with the fever...
    I know this is a big thing with different DRs, but I was told with my last that they don't recommend taking rectal temps anymore? i know every Ped. is different.
    I hope he is feeling better tonight!
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Amberlyn View Post
    I usually combine a cool bath with tylenol, to help with the fever...
    I know this is a big thing with different DRs, but I was told with my last that they don't recommend taking rectal temps anymore? i know every Ped. is different.
    I hope he is feeling better tonight!
    Whenever he has been sick, they always do rectal temps. They even did it when he was admitted to the hospital

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast