Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: oh, the sleepless nights.

1. I was a GREAT mom... until I had kids.
    I was a GREAT mom... until I had kids.
    Blog Entries

Bang Head oh, the sleepless nights.

Advertisements
    This is more like a vent than a question or anything.. it's just 5am and I need to talk.

Don't get me wrong, I love my girls.. but tonight was, less than great. Both girls were in bed by 7:30pm, like usual. I took my bath and relaxed and was in bed by 10pm, and as soon as me and DH started to fall asleep, Jordyn woke up(11pm), which is very unlike her.. she's usually asleep until 3am or so. Okay, whatever. She fell right back asleep after having like 2oz. So I go to sleep.

2:30am: She wakes back up, has 4oz, and starts drifting off. So I let her be and go and lay back down, only for about 15 minutes later for her to start LOUDLY talking in her crib, so I go in there, give her the binky and walk away. She's quiet, until another 15 minutes later. This happens about 5 more times at least, and me making 2 more bottles (sometimes she wants more ). At about the 6th time, Alexis ends up waking up and looking at me and giggling. So I figured I might as well change Jordyn again and try and get her to sleep. I put Jordyn down, then had to tackle Alexis to calm down and get her to lay back down and cuddle with blankly and go back to sleep.

Now, it's 5am, and she's just now been quiet for about half an hr. Alexis is due to wake up for the day at about 7am, so honestly, what's the point of falling back asleep since it'll take me about an hour to fall asleep, which would be about 6am.. just to get MAYBE an hour of sleep extra..?

Oh, the joys of being a mommy.

2. Senior Member
    Kaylee slept like crap to last night she slept for 12 hrs the night before. She didn't go to bed till 1030 woke up at 3,5, and theN up at 7. Her normal nights asleep by 645-730 till 3 or 4 then up at 6-7
  3. Senior Member
    They love messing with our sleep and those beautiful smiles keep us from getting irritated with them. lol! Hope you get some sleep tonight.

4. I was a GREAT mom... until I had kids.
    I was a GREAT mom... until I had kids.
    Blog Entries
    Well, it's DH's night tonight (we take nights and alternate), so hopefully I'll be able to at least lay there while she's awake and not worry.

They both actually slept til like 8:45am this morning.. I was amazed!

5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I am sorry hopefully they start sleeping more. DD has been staying awake until 2 or 3 the last few days. It has been rough.