Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how do i keep her awake to nurse??

1. Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta
    Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta

Help how do i keep her awake to nurse??

Advertisements
    norah has been doing wonderfully with our new schedule. but when she wakes between 3am and 4am, she can never stay awake longer than 5-10 minutes while nursing! i burp her, change her, put her down, pick her up, put a cool clothe on her forehead, tickle her belly, rub her back, tap her feet...but she won't wake to finish eating. what else can i do to keep her awake while nursing at this hour?

if i can get her to eat a full 30 minutes at 3am, she'll sleep another 3 hours.
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
  3. Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta
    Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta
    the only thing i havent tried is taking off her nightgown. i'm so afraid she will wake up too much when i put it back on after nursing!
  4. Senior Member
    I could never figure this out with Carter. Id have him naked and run a cold wet towel on his body and he still slept He eventually just grew out of it.
  5. Miss Puerto Rico
    Miss Puerto Rico
    Giovanni was so hard to keep awake too. I would start feeding him and when I saw he was falling asleep I would change his diaper. I would "clean" his ears with my fingers (not really cleaning but to touch his ears) I would tab his cheeks and behind his hears, tickle his feet, etc...
  6. So lost and wandering.
    So lost and wandering.
    I start to pull the boob away and then start to break the latch. That usually gets her attention. My Lactation consultant said to massage her palms, the back of her neck behind the ear, or sprinkle cool water on her cheek or forehead.
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BeccaCCK View Post
    I start to pull the boob away and then start to break the latch. That usually gets her attention. My Lactation consultant said to massage her palms, the back of her neck behind the ear, or sprinkle cool water on her cheek or forehead.
    This is what I did with DS. I would start pulling away and he would pop right back on, eat a little longer, and finally, when he let go on his own, I could put him down and he would sleep til morning. Good luck with this!
  8. Miss Puerto Rico
    Miss Puerto Rico
    Quote Originally Posted by Adriannelrh View Post
    This is what I did with DS. I would start pulling away and he would pop right back on, eat a little longer, and finally, when he let go on his own, I could put him down and he would sleep til morning. Good luck with this!
    I still do that now too!
  9. Senior Member
    Maybe she is just done already? Cristian only wakes to eat for 5 minutes (so annoying! lol) and he's done. During the day when he nurses its only for 5-10 minutes.
  10. I Can See Clearly Now....The S**T Is Gone
    I Can See Clearly Now....The S**T Is Gone
    Honestly if baby isn't staying awake for feeding then baby probably doesn't need it....Try to sooth a different way and soon neither of you will be waking at this hour.... Good luck
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast