Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where is my supply?!

1. Senior Member

Help Where is my supply?!

Advertisements
    My boobs are practically empty right now. Help meeee.

I dont think this has anything to do with Carter not gaining enough weight since my supply just started dropping the past 3 days.

I dont understand. When I PMS my supply drops scarily low, so for the 2 weeks before my period I drink mothers milk tea, have fenugreek in oatmeal, and have a beer or two at night. My milk supply usually evens itself out.

Its about a week before my period, and Ive been doing my usual routeine for few days, except my boobs have like nothing in them. Theyre squishy and I didnt feel full at all after Carter slept through night. When he sleeps through the night Im usually ready to explode in the morning.

Hes getting so frustrated when hes trying to nurse because nothing is coming out for him. Hes not taking a bottle today but Im going to keep trying it. He sucks for a few seconds than gets so angry. If I squeeze my boobs nothing comes out and Im not getting anything when I pump. I know thats no indication but Carters not getting anything even when he nurses.

This is a really stressful situation right now because hes flipping out and when I try to console him he tries to nurse but then he gets frustrated all over again.

What can I do? Hes not taking a bottle? What can I do besides what Im already doing to get my milk?
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Have you switched your BC? Could you be pregnant? Sometimes, when you have a major hormonal balance, they don't like the taste? Eat anything different lately?
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  3. and still I think of you
    and still I think of you
    Blog Entries
    The only thing I can suggest is to keep putting him to the breast. I know that my boobs don't seem nearly as full anymore but Bella doesn't get mad whens he nurses, so I have not worried.

You may be able to contact your dr for a prescription to help your supply. I am sorry I don't have any other advice
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DakotaCowgirl View Post
    Have you switched your BC? Could you be pregnant? Sometimes, when you have a major hormonal balance, they don't like the taste? Eat anything different lately?
    Im not on BC , and I actually think I could possibly be pregnant, but its a week before Im due so I havent bothered testing.

If Im pregnant and Carter wont nurse he is going to starve because hes not liking this bottle. Hes finally calm in his swing but I know this isnt going ot last long. Ive got the double pump on and I cant even get a stinkin let down.
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GeronimoPrincess View Post
    The only thing I can suggest is to keep putting him to the breast. I know that my boobs don't seem nearly as full anymore but Bella doesn't get mad whens he nurses, so I have not worried.

You may be able to contact your dr for a prescription to help your supply. I am sorry I don't have any other advice
    I wasnt even aware they had those. Which Dr would I call? My Ob/gyn?
  6. Senior Member
  7. Senior Member
    Yea, dude, call the doc, and RELAX.. Sometimes you'll stop letting down, it doesn't mean that your milk production has stopped..

Stop drinking coffee, and POUND water down. If you can make it to the store, pickup some Fenugeek tea..

Nurse him before and after you feed him solid foods, and increase the number of times a day you nurse him.

If you miss a nursing feeding, express your milk. Consider waking him the night to feed, or wake up and express.
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by leftover View Post
    Yea, dude, call the doc, and RELAX.. Sometimes you'll stop letting down, it doesn't mean that your milk production has stopped..
    Agreed. I don't even feel that part of nursing anymore. I haven't for months.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by leftover View Post

Stop drinking coffee, and POUND water down. If you can make it to the store, pickup some Fenugeek tea..

Nurse him before and after you feed him solid foods, and increase the number of times a day you nurse him.

If you miss a nursing feeding, express your milk. Consider waking him the night to feed, or wake up and express.
    They make fenugreek tea? That would be better than the huge capsules or pouring them in my oatmeal like Ive been doing

He fell asleep again. Im going to leave this pump on my boobs until something comes out. I havent taken it off since my last post in here when I mentioned it and still nothing.
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by xocassandralee View Post
    They make fenugreek tea? That would be better than the huge capsules or pouring them in my oatmeal like Ive been doing

He fell asleep again. Im going to leave this pump on my boobs until something comes out. I havent taken it off since my last post in here when I mentioned it and still nothing.
    Pumping is not as good as he is. When he is finished, then pump. Otherwise, try to relax. Stressing isn't going to make it better.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast