Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Parental Tips

1. Miss Puerto Rico
    Miss Puerto Rico

Parental Tips

Advertisements
    Everyone raises their kids different and not everyone has the same believes. That been said what are some things you wish you did different when it comes to raising your kids or just parenthood in general. What are you proud of that you did the way you did?
    Try to be specific if you can.
  2. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

I'm proud that I stay home with my kids.

I'm proud that I expect and enforce good behavior... because of this we are able to go pretty much anywhere with our 4 young childen and not have to worry about being a disruption.

I'm proud that I don't try to compare my children to other children and wonder if they are ahead or behind.
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed

I am proud of the fact that I breastfed my daughter for a year while being AD. Having long work hours and duty, that was the one thing that I could do for her that nobody else could and I felt like it created a special bond with us.

Along with that, she slept in our bed that whole time, and now I am trying to get a 2 year old to sleep in her own bed. Not going so well.
  4. Miss Puerto Rico
    Miss Puerto Rico
    I have to say I am very very proud of my self for sticking with the breastfeeding even after the doctor insinuated a few times that I should try to give it a break.
    I'm also very glad I put my foot down when it comes to Giovanni's dr's appointments and the doctor saying he is fine when I knew there was something going on (when he got the rota virus)
    I wish when he was very little I knew better than to try to keep him from taking naps cause I thought that would take him from sleeping at night
  5. Senior Member
    I wish I wouldn't have been in such a hurry for my first to reach those important mile stones. The time a baby is actually a baby goes by fast enough.

I wish I would have tossed out all those darn baby books sooner than I did. (like the What to Expect books)

I REALLY wish we would have discouraged Lily from sucking her thumb. It was so cute when she was little. Now that she going on 7 years old its not cute.
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I don't know if I count yet, but I'm glad I quit smoking for my baby!
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Heather View Post
    I wish I wouldn't have been in such a hurry for my first to reach those important mile stones. The time a baby is actually a baby goes by fast enough.
    I wish I would have tossed out all those darn baby books sooner than I did. (like the What to Expect books)

I REALLY wish we would have discouraged Lily from sucking her thumb. It was so cute when she was little. Now that she going on 7 years old its not cute.
    I think I need to do that, Im always looking up 5 month milestones then getting all worried.

Im glad I stuck with BFing when I had bleeding nipples and super leakage and engorgement. I was going to quit IDK how many times.

I wish I had kept trying the bottle with him from the start so he would take one occasionally now and I could have some freedom
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Amber View Post
    Of course you count!

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybee View Post
    I'm not one of those weirdos who use the vibration on their phone to pleasure themselves, so I can't imagine what horror my phone had witnessed that made life too unbearable.
  9. Miss Puerto Rico
    Miss Puerto Rico
    Quote Originally Posted by Amber View Post
    Of course!!!

Quote Originally Posted by xocassandralee View Post
    I think I need to do that, Im always looking up 5 month milestones then getting all worried.

Im glad I stuck with BFing when I had bleeding nipples and super leakage and engorgement. I was going to quit IDK how many times.

I wish I had kept trying the bottle with him from the start so he would take one occasionally now and I could have some freedom
    Oh gosh we are going through the same!!!
  10. Senior Member
    It's still early on, but so far I'm glad I stopped going "by the book" and I started letting Georgia be the guide. Cues are so much easier to read when you don't have certain expectations of how a baby should be.
    I do wish she would sleep in her bassinet or crib at nighttime. It's mostly selfish on my part that we cosleep. I just love it (most times ) but I know that it's going to get harder to transitition every day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast