Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Still hates tummy time

1. Senior Member

Still hates tummy time

Advertisements
    Carter still hates tummy time. Hes barely lifting himself up onto his elbows or even moving up at all. Hes only rolled over a handful of times, I dont think hes rolled over at all in the past couple weeks.

I put him on his belly and he just screams and screams and screams. I surround him with toys and sometimes I put a rolled up blanket under his chest. Sometimes I sit there and play with him on the floor too. I figured once he got stronger he would start not hating it as much, but he still hates it.

Shouldnt he be doing something on his belly by now? He pretty much just lays there and screams. He doesnt even pick up his head. Only every great once in a while

We try to do it 10 minutes at a time a few times a day.

Hes 5 months now. Should I be worried?
  2. deployment #2: 1 month down!
    deployment #2: 1 month down!
    Matt didn't roll over at all until he was 5 months. He learned how to roll back to front and would freak out because he got stuck on his tummy. He HATED being on his tummy. A week or two after that (5 1/2 months) he rolled from tummy to back. Then he learned that he could roll to where he wanted to go. At that point I started keeping him down on the ground a lot and he was crawling by 6 months. If you are concerned then I would call his ped to make sure s/he thinks he's still on track.
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittany Rashel View Post
    Matt didn't roll over at all until he was 5 months. He learned how to roll back to front and would freak out because he got stuck on his tummy. He HATED being on his tummy. A week or two after that (5 1/2 months) he rolled from tummy to back. Then he learned that he could roll to where he wanted to go. At that point I started keeping him down on the ground a lot and he was crawling by 6 months. If you are concerned then I would call his ped to make sure s/he thinks he's still on track.
    He went through a week of rolling over every time he was put on his tummy. Now I think he forgot or something

Its almost time for his 6 month appt so Ill ask him then, but Im kinda concerned. I mean, hes not even picking his head up really. He just turns his head to the side and puts his arms out and cries
  4. Senior Member
    I would talk to his pediatrician if you're concerned. I do tummy time with Hayden sometimes or I just lay him on the floor so he can play with his play mat. He rolls over from back to tummy and very rarely, tummy to back.

5. Senior Member
    Were doing some screaming tummy time right now, and he just lifted his head up and said "mamama" and put his head back down. He cries mama or mamama now Its so funny.
  6. deployment #2: 1 month down!
    deployment #2: 1 month down!
    Quote Originally Posted by xocassandralee View Post
    Were doing some screaming tummy time right now, and he just lifted his head up and said "mamama" and put his head back down. He cries mama or mamama now Its so funny.
    aw! Matt does that. I love it. He climbs up my legs, gives me those big puppy dog eyes and goes "mamamama." It melts me.
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittany Rashel View Post
    aw! Matt does that. I love it. He climbs up my legs, gives me those big puppy dog eyes and goes "mamamama." It melts me.
    This is why babies are so adorable
  8. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    He doesn't "have" to be on his tummy. If he doesn't like it, then don't make him. Mine always got ticked when they would roll onto theirs and would get stuck. And if I put them there, forget it. I wouldn't worry at all.
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by *~Robyn~* View Post
    He doesn't "have" to be on his tummy. If he doesn't like it, then don't make him. Mine always got ticked when they would roll onto theirs and would get stuck. And if I put them there, forget it. I wouldn't worry at all.
    If hes not on his tummy ever how will he learn to crawl?

This makes me feel a little better.
    ?
    We never did tummy time because DD hated it. She has hit all the milestones at the normal time. She always preferred sitting up to being on her stomach.
    ~Amanda~
    Wife to Dakota (6.25.2007)
    Mom to Reagan (9.10.2008)
    Mom to Liam (11.6.2009)
    Due with #3 December 21st
    Missing Our Three Angels (February 2010, March 2010, May 2010-twin)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast