Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: no longer BFing

1. lord help us all!
    lord help us all!

no longer BFing

Advertisements
    and i am pretty ok with it. i thought i would have a hard time with it. Lo seriously just woke up one day and wanted nothing to do with it. the day before he wouldn't touch the formula. now that's all he will take. the only problem...my boobs are insane! it was supposed to be a gradual thing. but what are you going to do. i've been bad and been pumping and using cabbage leaves. and still...its been awful. but it is amazing to watch dh feed him. and other people feed him. i feel a little bit free. but it also makes me realize how big he has gotten.
  2. Gained a child but lost my sanity!
    Gained a child but lost my sanity!
    I am honestly terrified of DS weaning himself. I don't think I will be ready to deal with it until DH gets home- it is nice to still be needed by someone. I am glad you are doing okay with it- though I'm sorry your boobs hurt!

Were you supplementing with formula before?
  3. Senior Member
    I dont have any advice about your full boobs, but I just wanted to say great job on making it 9 months
  4. Miss Puerto Rico
    Miss Puerto Rico
    Wow you just made me realize that this could actually happen
    9 months is pretty good though and I'm glad you are ok with it.
    Now if you want to stop producing milk you should stop pumping or your body will think you still need milk and will make more.
  5. Senior Member
    dont pump because then your body thinks it still needs to make milk. The cabbage leaves work. I would bound them with ace bandages and a couple sport bras. If it becomes too painful then take a hot shower.

congrats getting to 9 months!! that is awesome!
  6. lord help us all!
    lord help us all!
    nope didn't supplement. we tried to wean him, though neither of us were ready. he wouldn't touch it. now he won't even eat BM out of a bottle. its weird. and i am only pumping like 2 ounces a day, just enough to relieve it a little so i can go to sleep. it will just take a little longer to completely dry up. i need my sleep so i am ok with this.
  7. Senior Member
    I would bind them in ace bandages, then a sports bra. I would try not to pump, just do a warm shower. It can take a while to dry up completly, but by day 4-7 you should be feeling much better, and not leaking.

on making it to 9 months
  8. and still I think of you
    and still I think of you
    Blog Entries
    Congrats on making it 9 months! That is fantastic. I am sorry he decided to wean. It could be a nursing strike and if you want to continue, you can look up some info on it. If not, Good luck getting the milk to dry quickly. Enjoy your freedom