Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Vaccinations?

1. 웃♥유
    웃♥유
    Born and raised in Cleveland Ohio, but currently in Oklahoma City.

Help Vaccinations?

Advertisements
    So I was talking to my mother in law the other day and she said she recently took a class about how vaccines for babies was linked to autism and SIDS. Which pretty much scared the crap out of me since Adrian has an appt at the end of the month for his shots. I did some research and found this site
    http://www.thinktwice.com/sids.htm which just scares the crap out of me even more. I am so confused on what to do. I just want to see what you think? Did you give your baby all their shots? Refuse to? Opinions on this situation?! Right now I am torn. I will talk to the pediatrician at the appt about all of this, but I just want to hear what everyone elses opinions are on this situation. TIA
  2. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

bella got all of her shots. i would've preferred to delay them but DH made a huge deal out of it and argued up and down with me, right there in the vax clinic I did opt out of the hep b for her though as i see no reason for her to have it right now.
  3. Senior Member
    Hayden has had all of his shots.

4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I think that I will get all of them, but not sure which ones I would delay.

(When I say all I don't mean swine flu or gardasil...those are NOs for me)
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    my son was getting all his shots on time UNTIL, I took him for his 12 months and they told me he would be getting 5 shots, lead test (which he already had) and a flu shot. I freaked!!!!! I told them no on the flu shot, and I told them that they did the lead test at 9 months and they wouldnt be doing it again. Then I asked why he needed so many shots and they were rude and said because he does. So I told them they can pick 3 and he can come back later to get the other 2. They are getting crazy with the shots, NONE of my friends kids have ever had 5 shots. So I dont know about him getting anymore for a while, I want to find another doctor. I do worry about how he will react to all of them and so far so good.
  6. Love Simply, Simply love
    Love Simply, Simply love
    Cat got all of hers you should ask your son's pedi about what he thinks. Sometimes they have a few that they with hold if you are concerned.
    ...Done....
  7. 웃♥유
    웃♥유
    Born and raised in Cleveland Ohio, but currently in Oklahoma City.
    Quote Originally Posted by airmanssweetie View Post
    bella got all of her shots. i would've preferred to delay them but DH made a huge deal out of it and argued up and down with me, right there in the vax clinic I did opt out of the hep b for her though as i see no reason for her to have it right now.
    I think I will delay them..
  8. Senior Member
    I looked at every vaccinate, the need for it and what is in them. My children are on a deley/selective schedule that works for my family.

The book that is awesome is called The Vaccine Book. Check it out at the library or buy. Educate yourself about vaccines and then make a knowledgeable decisions. Listen to what other people say BUT make your own decision. Talk it over with your doctor but remember that they are trained to push these vaccines. Even if they say you have to have a certain shot, you dont. You are in control.
  9. Senior Member
    We delay and do selective shots with DD and will with DS too

10. Amy
    Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Autumn got all of hers. How are they related to sids? I want to see the research.

I know a lot of babies who succumb to sids do so around 2-4 months, right around they time they receive their vaccines, but I thought that it was just a coincidence.
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast