Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: teething?

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

teething?

Advertisements
    I think Addi is starting to teeth. She is very clingy. She is constantly drooling. There was a puddle yesterday the size of my hand of drool after her nap. She isn't eating as much as she normally does either. She still is having a BM once a day and about 6 to 7 wet diapers. She just had her 2 month check up and the doctor said she was really healthy. She chews on her bottle and pacifier too. If she doesn't have those she will chew on her hand until she hurts herself and starts crying. Is she too young? I thought babies were older when this starts happening. How can I soothe her gums? She likes chewing on my fingers but that isn't very practical and she bites down hard too.
  2. Miss Puerto Rico
    Miss Puerto Rico
    I'm not sure but Giovanni does all those too, has been doing it for a while and he is not teething. There is a possibility for babies to start teething earlier but I'm not sure how early. I know I've heard of as early as 3-4 months.
    I'm thinking her doctor would've told you if she was teething
  3. deployment #2: 1 month down!
    deployment #2: 1 month down!
    Matt was doing that at that age also, he didn't cut his first tooth until he was 8 1/2 months though. I just let him chew on my fingers since I didn't want to medicate him and there was really nothing else he like to chew on.
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Remember, babies taste with their mouth. Drooling is normal. Not always a sign for teething. It is preparing the mouth for teeth. Clingy could be sign of a growth spurt coming also.

Don't always assume that it is teething. Especially at 2 months. Could be just because it's a baby. That is normal.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Thanks ladies that helps a lot. I never thought about the possibilty of a growth spurt. I was just talking to my family and stuff about what she was doing and they said teething. My what to expect the first year said it too. Hopefully she will start to like the teething rings and stuff I bought. She only likes my finger,her bottle and her pacifier to chew on now.
  6. mare0124
    mare0124
    Bella is 3 months and she's drooling like crazy too...puddles!! I think it may just be her mouth preparing for teeth...my friends have said their babies did it too and didn't cut teeth until months later. For now...buy a mop... LOL.