Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Sir Popsoffalot

1. Senior Member

Help Sir Popsoffalot

Advertisements
    Carters now very curious about everything around him. He cant miss a thing, not even to eat.

His new thing is popping off every few seconds, looking around the room, and then popping back on. Its annoying, kind of hurts, and it's messy.

I've been nursing him in a dark quiet room, and he only pops on and off a couple times before he realizes theres nothing going on. But god forbid I move my arm or breathe so he can hear it! Hes gotta look.

Its annoying. How can I make this stop?
  2. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    honestly, you cant. babies have a very low attention span. have you tried a blanket? well, even that hell probably grab it.
  3. aka Mrs Gibberish
    aka Mrs Gibberish
    Blind fold him so he can't see. Okay just kidding of course. I have no idea I guess try the blanket thing. Though I wouldn't listen to me because I don't even have kids. I hope you figure it out.
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Amanda. View Post
    honestly, you cant. babies have a very low attention span. have you tried a blanket? well, even that hell probably grab it.
    Ill try the blanket!

Quote Originally Posted by =Mrs.AiNokeA= View Post
    Blind fold him so he can't see. Okay just kidding of course. I have no idea I guess try the blanket thing. Though I wouldn't listen to me because I don't even have kids. I hope you figure it out.
  5. I was a GREAT mom... until I had kids.
    I was a GREAT mom... until I had kids.
    Blog Entries
    Jordyn does that, only she's bottle fed, but I get what you're saying. I'm not sure if you can do anything about it though, anything would spark his interest.

6. Gained a child but lost my sanity!
    Gained a child but lost my sanity!
    I broke DS of that real quick. After he would turn away once, the second time the boob went away. I let him go once just because I thought it was hilarious to see him get squirted in the face but that was enough. He learned very quickly that he had to focus on what he is doing and can explore all he wants after wards. He still takes some focusing when we are in a really big crowd but otherwise he is a quick eater.
  7. Senior Member

both of my sons did this and the youngest is still doing it. i normally just let him do it...because no matter what, he'll do it. quiet, dark rooms don't do anything for him. also, if i move my hand to shield his eyes from whatever he's looking at, he will stare at my hand. lol. i read that if you don't let them eat after it, just like if they bite you, they will learn.
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by princessgwynn View Post
    I broke DS of that real quick. After he would turn away once, the second time the boob went away. I let him go once just because I thought it was hilarious to see him get squirted in the face but that was enough. He learned very quickly that he had to focus on what he is doing and can explore all he wants after wards. He still takes some focusing when we are in a really big crowd but otherwise he is a quick eater.

Its annoying changing my shirt and his shirt when he does it!
  9. Member
    Christopher does this on occasion. After about the second or third time he does it, I take boob away and that is the end of it for awhile. It works believe it or not.