Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sores on his privates?

1. Senior Member

Question Sores on his privates?

Advertisements
    I was just giving Carter a bath and I noticed he had sores on his penis. There was one right on the head, and then some on the underside of it and a couple on top. It was like little red bumps.

Im not sure if this is something I should call his doctor about or if its something that isnt really an issue.

ETA- When I google it all I get is herpes passed on during childbirth, and well, that does not apply here.
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Does he act like they hurt him?
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Charity View Post
    Does he act like they hurt him?
    Hes been fussy today, but that happens. I honestly didnt notice it all day when I was changing him, only just now when I gave him a bath. It wasnt bugging him when I was washing him there.
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Maybe some sort of diaper rash, is he circumsized? Aiden has extra skin and I'm constantly having to clean in between the lines of his skin. He's circumsized but I don't think they removed enough of it. Anyways if I don't clean it properly it gets inflamed and looks horrible. Or it could just be that Carter had a reaction to something he ate
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by xocassandralee View Post
    Hes been fussy today, but that happens. I honestly didnt notice it all day when I was changing him, only just now when I gave him a bath. It wasnt bugging him when I was washing him there.
    Maybe you shoudl talk to him about unprotected sex....you know.....boys are having sex younger and younger these days!

In all seriousness - I'd keep an eye on them. If the look like they're spreading, or that they're opening or coming to a head (pardon the pun), call the MD. If they don't seem to be bothering him, I'd probably try to leave it open to air as much as possible, in case it's just a little moisture irritation. I know with a boy that's not always very possible - but that's what I'd do!
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ma*Becca View Post
    Maybe some sort of diaper rash, is he circumsized? Aiden has extra skin and I'm constantly having to clean in between the lines of his skin. He's circumsized but I don't think they removed enough of it. Anyways if I don't clean it properly it gets inflamed and looks horrible. Or it could just be that Carter had a reaction to something he ate
    How else would I know it was from something he ate? He was eating green beans for a week and then 2 days ago we switched him to bananas.

Quote Originally Posted by Charity View Post
    Maybe you shoudl talk to him about unprotected sex....you know.....boys are having sex younger and younger these days!

In all seriousness - I'd keep an eye on them. If the look like they're spreading, or that they're opening or coming to a head (pardon the pun), call the MD. If they don't seem to be bothering him, I'd probably try to leave it open to air as much as possible, in case it's just a little moisture irritation. I know with a boy that's not always very possible - but that's what I'd do!

His girlfriend is all the way in rhode island, he better not be a cheater!

True, it could be from the moisture.
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    You would most likely notice a reaction to something he ate either all over his body or by his rectum/by his poo consistency/frequency.

I'd try to keep a diaper off him overnight (I know, it may be messy. throw some towels down), and see how they look in the AM. If they're still ouchy looking - call your pediatrician.
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    It could be a yeast infection, diaper rash, impetigo, etc. Lots of different things it could be. I know its hard to tell without really seeing it. Impetigo is common but does require an antibiotic treatment. Yeast can also have lil red bumps as can diaper rash. Maybe call the Dr and see if they would like to see him just in case
  9. Love Simply, Simply love
    Love Simply, Simply love
    Yeast infection or a diaper rash maybe? Heat rash?
    ...Done....
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by xocassandralee View Post
    How else would I know it was from something he ate? He was eating green beans for a week and then 2 days ago we switched him to bananas.

His girlfriend is all the way in rhode island, he better not be a cheater!

True, it could be from the moisture.
    How's his poop? Is it runny or solid? Do they look like blisters or scabs? Mary use to get fungis infections all the time when she was little and it looked like someone took a cheese grater to her girl area. The Dr gave her tubes and tubes of Nystatin.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast