Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Zantac.

1. Senior Member

Question Zantac.

Advertisements
    Is it possible for Zantac to have the adverse effect? I stopped giving it to him for awhile because I thought it just made him spit up more and he did fine with it. However, DH gave it to him today and he spit up more than he had been. I think it's weird that when he gets the medicine, it's worse.

2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Sounds like a reaction to it. If your body is going to reject it, it will reject it. Maybe he needs another form of anti-acid medication.
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by *~Robyn~* View Post
    Sounds like a reaction to it. If your body is going to reject it, it will reject it. Maybe he needs another form of anti-acid medication.
    I never thought about it being a reaction He seems perfectly fine without it. Barely even spitting up. Maybe, like you said, it is a reaction.

4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Try and keep him upright too. Reflux starts to get better once they go vertical. Kat Kat was about 6 mos when she started sitting up all the time and it slowed a ton! Only got better from there. We haven't even finished her refill for her Zantac. Did the Dr have you switch formula too??
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by *~Robyn~* View Post
    Try and keep him upright too. Reflux starts to get better once they go vertical. Kat Kat was about 6 mos when she started sitting up all the time and it slowed a ton! Only got better from there. We haven't even finished her refill for her Zantac. Did the Dr have you switch formula too??
    He is on Enfamil Gentlease. We tried soy and he had a horrible reaction to it. Gentlease seems to be good for him without the Zantac. He sits up a lot more in his bumbo since he is a supported sitter now. His spitting up has just gotten a lot better until you give him the Zantac. He has four refills for it, and I doubt we'll be using it.