Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Babies with phlegm

1. Miss Puerto Rico
    Miss Puerto Rico

Babies with phlegm

Advertisements
    Giovanni is coughing a lot and has lots of phlegm but he just swallows it back We went to the Dr on Friday and he is on therapies now but how can I help him get rid of the phlegm?
    I've been doing the therapies, sucking the mucus out of his nose, using a humidifier by his bed. What else?
    I did the steamy bath with him in the bathroom on Friday but now I don't know if it would still be safe to do so when he is already getting therapies.
  2. I was a GREAT mom... until I had kids.
    I was a GREAT mom... until I had kids.
    Blog Entries
    I don't know, but hopefully someone else does.

3. Senior Member
    I don't think a hot steamy bathroom has anything to do wth the treatments I would do a hot steamy bathroom and charity gave a good tip I'd pm her
  4. Miss Puerto Rico
    Miss Puerto Rico
    Quote Originally Posted by oxbarbie06xo View Post
    I don't think a hot steamy bathroom has anything to do wth the treatments I would do a hot steamy bathroom and charity gave a good tip I'd pm her
    The one where she says to pad their back for about 15 min? I've been padding him when he coughs but he's coughing like every other minute
  5. Senior Member
    do it after the steamy bathroom so eveything is a littl loose rsv is not fun stuff
  6. Miss Puerto Rico
    Miss Puerto Rico
    I know but I wonder.. if he can't spit it out, how does he get rid of it? swallow it and poop it? it dries up? I'm going to do it again as soon as he wakes up. Poor thing fell asleep again, he had a long night
  7. Senior Member
    Georgia has been really phlegmy with this cold too. I just keep suctioning it out of her mouth. She loves it when I do it. Too funny!

8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaky View Post
    I know but I wonder.. if he can't spit it out, how does he get rid of it? swallow it and poop it? it dries up? I'm going to do it again as soon as he wakes up. Poor thing fell asleep again, he had a long night
    Sara had a snotty cold a while ago. She threw up all the mucus she swallowed. I'm sure the rest of it just went into her stomach and did whatever snot does. We all swallow mucus every day. Sucking the snot out of his nose, running the humidifier and sitting in a steamy bathroom are all great way to help him feel better. You can also use saline drops to help loosen the mucus stuck in his nose. My kids hated it but it helped a ton. Its not medicated and wont hurt him.
  9. Miss Puerto Rico
    Miss Puerto Rico
    Giovanni is the worse when it comes to putting drops in his nostrils and suctioning it! He is such a strong boy! Not fun to do this to him, I'm always so afraid I'm going to hurt him cause he is tough!

We saw the Dr today again and she said he sounds a lot better I still see him kinda the same but she can hear his lungs better than I do!! We are still doing therapies.
  10. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    does he have RSV?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast