Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: biting!!!

1. lord help us all!
    lord help us all!

Help biting!!!

Advertisements
    how do i stop the ??? every time i have tried to BF Lo today he has me. and he has 4 teeth now, so it effin hurts! i tried just not feeding him for a little while and trying again...still . i tried him back, didn't work. so i ended up putting him down for a nap without eating. i feel awful. this morning i had to pump and bottle feed so that he would get something. i don't know what to do. i am lost and i really need help. he WON'T eat formula, but if this keeps up its going to be formula or nothing. i don't know what else to do.
  2. lord help us all!
    lord help us all!
  3. Senior Member
    Have you tried yelping and firmly saying "NO!" I know that it startled Maddison from biting me. (She is not BF any more, this is just regular biting)
  4. Senior Member
    Give him a flick and say no! If you're consistent, he'll associate biting with a flick and he'll stop. Same concept as to why he knows not to stick his finger in his eye.

You shouldn't have to yell "no" at him, that will train him to not obey the word "no" unless it's yelled. He should be able to stop what he's doing when you calmly say no.
  5. Senior Member
    hes biting me!

Its basically the same advice youve already been given.

I forget who said it in that thread, but I notice he does it when hes getting sleepy or more comfort nursing. It hasnt been as bad now that Ive started taking him off when hes getting sleepy. Except now he has teeth, so when he does
  6. lord help us all!
    lord help us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by xocassandralee View Post
    hes biting me!

Its basically the same advice youve already been given.

I forget who said it in that thread, but I notice he does it when hes getting sleepy or more comfort nursing. It hasnt been as bad now that Ive started taking him off when hes getting sleepy. Except now he has teeth, so when he does
    this is not when he's sleepy or anything. this has been everytime. i have tried so many things. i was hoping for another thing to try. i just guess i'll keep trying the same things. maybe it'll eventually work
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyToaster View Post
    this is not when he's sleepy or anything. this has been everytime. i have tried so many things. i was hoping for another thing to try. i just guess i'll keep trying the same things. maybe it'll eventually work
  8. and still I think of you
    and still I think of you
    Blog Entries
    It took me a couple weeks to finally get Bella to stop bitting me. I would just firmly say no and put her down. Finally she got it.