Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help, get this kid off my boobs

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Help Help, get this kid off my boobs

Advertisements
    Aiden will be 13 months old on the 10th and will not give up my boob. We can get him to drink from a sippy cup but he doesn't drink consistent enough, just a few sips then he throws it to the floor. He has a routine and has to nurse before naps and bedtime. If I don't nurse him he throw's the biggest fit in his crib and refuses to go to bed by screaming. Normally I'd let my kid cry it out but he makes himself sick and if I leave him for more then 15 mins his shirt is soaked from his tears. Someone please give me some advice to work with, I'm ready for my body to be mine again.
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Try replacing just one feeding at a time?

3. Junior Member
    Blog Entries
    Have you tried giving him a bottle? I know you said a sippy but a bottle is a lil more similar than a sippy cup. I gave my son a bottle with formula and mixed cereal in with it so it was thicker and would fill him up. I hated breast feeding...dunno why but I did. So when I decided I was done I just stopped. Kids won't starve themselves so when they get hungry they'll eat what you give them. But I was lucky my son took the bottle really well. Hopefully a bottle will work for you or you find something else that does!! Good luck!
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by brianswifey View Post
    Try replacing just one feeding at a time?
    He's cut down a lot that's why its only before naps and bed now, I'm ready for these udders to stop producing milk period
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by nbellus View Post
    Have you tried giving him a bottle? I know you said a sippy but a bottle is a lil more similar than a sippy cup. I gave my son a bottle with formula and mixed cereal in with it so it was thicker and would fill him up. I hated breast feeding...dunno why but I did. So when I decided I was done I just stopped. Kids won't starve themselves so when they get hungry they'll eat what you give them. But I was lucky my son took the bottle really well. Hopefully a bottle will work for you or you find something else that does!! Good luck!
    Oh we've tried the bottle, more then once, he's refused to take it. I've even left him alone with my mom to see if he'd take it with someone else but he wont, he just cry's till he has me. The sippy is the only other thing we've been able to give him and like I said that doesn't last for very long. Out of all my kids this is the first time I've ever had this problem and I don't know how to make him stop. I've bf every one of them. I just want to wean him already
  6. Army Wife
    Army Wife
    I'd just let him cry... it's not abuse, and he is old enough that if he really is thirsty or hungry, he'll give in to the cup. Give it a good week of absolute hell with tantrums and you'll have him weened. Definitely give him lots of praise, though, and tell him what a big boy he is when he does drink from the cup.
    I LOVE my Army man!
  7. Senior Member
    I would keep trying with the sippy cup. That being said I have to quit, cold turkey with one of my little ones, and they survived. The first few days/nights were hard and they were a little annoyes with me in general but then we were all ok.
  8. Senior Member
    What if you tried rocking or cuddling him to sleep instead? Sounds like he likes to nurse for comfort to sleep, and maybe if you comforting him another way he wouldnt want to nurse to sleep.
  9. Senior Member
    If your Dh is willing to help maybe he could take off a Friday and Monday so he would have four days then he could take over nap and bedtime for those four days. He could read/rock/snuggle little one, and hopefully it would allow you and baby to transition into a new phase.
  10. Pass the Chocolate
    Pass the Chocolate
    What does he drink besides nursing those 2 times?

I'd skip the bottle, unless you feel like weaning AGAIN. What about using a straw style sippy cup?

Is your DH home to help? It's tough when your baby can still smell your milk.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast