Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help with Baby Shower

1. Regular Member

Confused Help with Baby Shower

Advertisements
    So my BFF is pregnant with her 2nd child. It will be the same sex (boy) as her first and they are 5 years apart. She gave a lot of her baby stuff to a relative (who gave it away instead of returning it) so now she needs quite a bit of stuff. This is what she said she needs:

+ Stroller w/ detachable car seat
    + Front pack carrier
    + Baby clothes (0 month - 1 year)
    + Diaper bag
    + Bottles
    + Diapers, diapers, & more diapers, wipes, and desotin
    + Activity stations

I'm wondering what is appropriate here given that it's the 2nd baby. I know some people have baby "sprinkles" and just ask for diapers and food. Maybe we should keep the guest list small to only close family and friends? I don't have any kids and this is my first shower so I'm confused. Plus my friend said to "surprise" her so she hasn't given me much input.
  2. Senior Member
    We always only invite close friends and family anyways, do people really invite people they barely know... that's weird. Just don't ask for gifts, people will get her things if they want to. Just say you are celebrating a new baby with food, cake and games or something. People will either not bring things, or will ask what she needs, wants or choose something on their own.

Second baby showers are tabboo for some. Not in my family though, haha, my cousins have had them for every baby (and they were born closer). Just don't ask for gifts and the rest should fall into place. I would just stay on the safe side as not to offend anyone.
  3. Love Simply, Simply love
    Love Simply, Simply love
    Id just write on the invitation where she is registered, and leave it at that
    ...Done....
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by [Elizabeth] View Post
    Id just write on the invitation where she is registered, and leave it at that

Yeah I think so too...people will buy what they want and that way it's taken care of.
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by carolinagirll View Post
    Yeah I think so too...people will buy what they want and that way it's taken care of.
    i was invited to a baby shower where they assigned what we needed to get... and honestly it made me mad and i got them what i wanted its shitty to give someone something they should buy .. at my shower if someone couldnt bring a gift they didnt.. i made sure i got all the big items
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oxbarbie06xo View Post
    i was invited to a baby shower where they assigned what we needed to get... and honestly it made me mad and i got them what i wanted its ****ty to give someone something they should buy ..
    That is super tacky!
  7. Miss Puerto Rico
    Miss Puerto Rico
    I don't understand the second baby shower taboo thing. Probably cause to me a Baby Shower is to celebrate a baby, to eat looooots of food and get together with family and friends.
  8. They call me Mouse Potato
    They call me Mouse Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaky View Post
    I don't understand the second baby shower taboo thing. Probably cause to me a Baby Shower is to celebrate a baby, to eat looooots of food and get together with family and friends.
    ditto. I think every baby should be celebrated regardless of how many siblings there are or how far apart they are. I also agree it's tacky to ask for specific items from a guest. she needs to do a registry, let me know sh eis registered, then be prepared to get what ever she still needs.
    DH: "Your even more beautiful as my wife"

9. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaky View Post
  10. Senior Member
    I didn't say I agree with it, but I personally am crazy with etiquette when it comes to stuff, I drove DH and my parents crazy when we were wedding planning. I just think people should be aware that a lot of people don't agree with second baby showers.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast