Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Baby G is sick

1. Senior Member

Baby G is sick

Advertisements
    Well Georgia has her first cold.
    She felt a little warm to me before we went to sleep last night but nothing major. Then when she woke up at 1am to eat she was burning up. I took her temp and it was 102 degrees. Of course I couldn't sleep after that so I just kept watching Baby G. Took her temp at 4am and 8am and both times it was 101. I called the advice nurse and she said it's probably just a virus that has to run it's course. (Georgia is a little congested too and choking on the mucous).
    Poor baby. I hope she feels better soon.

2. and still I think of you
    and still I think of you
    Blog Entries
    I hope she is feeling better.

You can try sitting in the bathroom and letting the hot water run to try to loosen up the mucus and then suction it out.
  3. Senior Member
    I hope she gets to feeling better soon. The shower is a good idea. You could also try a humidifier and also propping up her mattress with a pillow.
    What the fuck is going on here????
    To truly love something, you must first give it a chance to fail. If it survives, it is going to be stronger than ever. Distance is pure proof of this, and forever we will
    love if we survive.
  4. Senior Member
    Thanks! She is feeling a lot better now. The fever only lasted 24 hours thank goodness. (Knock on wood that it doesn't come back. )
    I'm using the humidifier and it helps. I've been suctioning her all day. She loves it when I do her mouth, even opens up for it but when I try to clean her nose she screams!

5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CristinaFaye View Post
    Thanks! She is feeling a lot better now. The fever only lasted 24 hours thank goodness. (Knock on wood that it doesn't come back. )
    I'm using the humidifier and it helps. I've been suctioning her all day. She loves it when I do her mouth, even opens up for it but when I try to clean her nose she screams!
    I don't think any baby likes it! Just wait till she gets older and you have to hold her down. It's no fun
    What the fuck is going on here????
    To truly love something, you must first give it a chance to fail. If it survives, it is going to be stronger than ever. Distance is pure proof of this, and forever we will
    love if we survive.
  6. Miss Puerto Rico
    Miss Puerto Rico
    I'm glad she's doing better. It's sad and scary when babies get sick Hopefully it is out of her for good.
  7. Senior Member
    Hayden is getting over a cold too. We did the shower, humidier, baby vapor rub and saline drops. He hated the suction too. He screamed and I think he thought it was supposed to go in his mouth because he'd open up his mouth too.

8. Senior Member
    Glad she's feeling better, its hard when little tiny ones get sick.