Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: He's got a pretty good cough...

1. Hooked on the sauce
    Hooked on the sauce

He's got a pretty good cough...

Advertisements
    He spit up a couple of times today. It's been more often lately (he NEVER spits up)...I'm wondering if it's because of all the rolling he's doing...

But he's got a wet sounding cough... He's got a stuffy nose but his chest sounds good. He's squeaking and playing like normal... What can you do for a cough? Just lots of sleep, maybe some Tylenol, and ride it out? It's been going on for a couple of days. He'll cough about 5-6 times and then stop. The weather here is changing and I've felt like hell too...I think it's just the season.

2. Senior Member
    I don't know about Tylenol. Have you thought of putting a humidifier in his room?

3. Senior Member
    Carters got a cough and stuffy nose too. He had his 4 week appt last month and the pedi said to watch for a fever, take him in the bathroom with the shower running to clear out his nose, and let it runs its course.

ETA- He also said humidifer, but I dont have one so he said the bathroom shower thing will work too.
  4. Senior Member
    With him being so young there is nothing you can do for the cough. My DD will puke also if she gets a coughing fit. I wish it was still spit up. As long as he is playing, eating, and peeing like normal he should be ok. Just be on the look out for a wet "sealish" barking cough. It may sound crazy but you'll know it if you hear it. That's just croup but he'll need to be seen. Hope he gets to feeling better!
    What the fuck is going on here????
    To truly love something, you must first give it a chance to fail. If it survives, it is going to be stronger than ever. Distance is pure proof of this, and forever we will
    love if we survive.
  5. Senior Member
    Hayden is getting over a cold. Baby vapor rub, nasal/saline drops, and a humidifier is what got us through it. Also suctioning his nose worked too.

6. Hooked on the sauce
    Hooked on the sauce
    The humidifier is just to help break up whatever he's got right?
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by devilwhiterose View Post
    The humidifier is just to help break up whatever he's got right?
    If the air is to dry it can cause them to get stuffed up. It helps keep moisture in the air so they dont get stuffed up
    What the fuck is going on here????
    To truly love something, you must first give it a chance to fail. If it survives, it is going to be stronger than ever. Distance is pure proof of this, and forever we will
    love if we survive.