Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BFing mommas

1. deployment #2: 1 month down!
    deployment #2: 1 month down!

Question BFing mommas

Advertisements
    I'm curious, how often does your LO wake up at night? How old are they? And are they exclusively breastfed?
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    6 months, exclusive BF, He wakes at least twice, sometimes more
  3. and still I think of you
    and still I think of you
    Blog Entries
    Bella is 10 months. She is breastfed but also getting meals during the day. She went to be at 8:30 tonight and got up at 9:30, 12:45 and 1:45 so far tonight. At 12:45 I did not feed her, just rocked her back to sleep. Also, she might be up a lot more right now cause we are adjusting back to Italy time from NC. (its a pain in the ASS)

We are slowly working on weaning her night feedings. I have the book "The No-Cry Sleep Solution" reserved at the library so once its here I will see how it works for us. I can't wait to get some solid sleep.
  4. deployment #2: 1 month down!
    deployment #2: 1 month down!
    see that's what scares me. I want to EBF our next baby but I'm terrified of the not sleeping part. Matt wakes up once at night but I just put the paci back in his mouth and he goes to sleep. How do you handle him waking up that much?
  5. X
    X
    Zoe slept thru the night at two months. Kaia wakes several times a night, even though she's weaned herself.
  6. and still I think of you
    and still I think of you
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittany Rashel View Post
    see that's what scares me. I want to EBF our next baby but I'm terrified of the not sleeping part. Matt wakes up once at night but I just put the paci back in his mouth and he goes to sleep. How do you handle him waking up that much?
    I think it just depends on the baby. My other kids were all BFed to start with and they STTN by 6-8 weeks. Bella is just a cuddly baby and likes to be on the boob. (She has an addiction )

It doesn't last forever. Eventually, they will sleep longer.
  7. Senior Member
    pigs is 2 month. no she gets forumla if we are out and i havnt pumped, she goes to bed between 645 and 8 and latley has been sleeping til 330 and then wakes up again at 6 and goes back to bed til 7 or 8
  8. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Both girls were ebf until at least 5m old and the amount of solids they got after that was very small (a few bites of baby food a few times a week) and bot slept through very early on. I'd say by 2-3 months both slept from 10 pm till at least 5am and went to bed after a quick feeding after waking up
    An unconditional right to say what one pleases about public affairs is what I consider to be the minimum guarantee of the First Amendment.
  9. Senior Member
    Carters EBF, almost 5 months old, and sleeps from 8 to 4 (eats) then goes back to bed til like 930. Just recently we started giving him a bit of solids at dinnertime, but his sleep habits didn't really change.

If you're worried about not getting much sleep, just think of the fact that when they wake up at night there's no bottles to prepare. You can even nurse while laying down and catch some zzz's then too if you're comfortable.
  10. Senior Member

when i breastfed our first, he started sleeping through the night on his own from the beginning..i'd have to wake him to feed him. lol. with our second, he's two months right now and he wakes up every 3-4 hours a night...so like once or twice to eat.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast