Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: SAHM

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

SAHM

Advertisements
    DH says I am over thinking this whole sahm thing. I feel like I ask for too much help from him. I do most of the cleaning myself but ocassionally ask him for help and he usually helps clean up dinner. He also spends most of the time with our daughter when he is home. I feel like I am asking for too much from him since this is my "job" but I like not having her attached to me for those 4 hours or so before she goes to bed. What do you ladies ask of your husbands? Do you ask for help or do it all yourself?
  2. Senior Member
    im living at home so my mom helps but somethings they except things that just cant happen right now
  3. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    Quote Originally Posted by Missin'mymarine1 View Post
    DH says I am over thinking this whole sahm thing. I feel like I ask for too much help from him. I do most of the cleaning myself but ocassionally ask him for help and he usually helps clean up dinner. He also spends most of the time with our daughter when he is home. I feel like I am asking for too much from him since this is my "job" but I like not having her attached to me for those 4 hours or so before she goes to bed. What do you ladies ask of your husbands? Do you ask for help or do it all yourself?
    Rule in our home, "If you don't do the cooking, you need to help clean up."

Of course I ask for help, especially when I'm sick! When Ethan was younger, my husband would give him baths while I made dinner...on those non-duty nights.

Child-rearing is a partnership, regardless if one is a SAHM/SAHD.
  4. Senior Member
    I finally snaped the other night and YELLED because I got way to overwhelmed trying to do it all on my own. And on top of having dd who is 16 months I have one more on the way...my Dh is a good man but pretty worthless around the house. Ask for help....it is more work than they realize raising a little one and still being wife and house keeper.

Kaiden Matthew Baby #2
  5. Senior Member
    DH does a lot when he comes home. I feel bad sometimes, but our job is round the clock, and we deserve a little break too. I do most of the cleaning and all of the cooking, but when DH is home he helps me clean and take care of Carter. I think SAHM's deserve a break too.
  6. deployment #2: 1 month down!
    deployment #2: 1 month down!
    I'm probably the wrong person to ask. I typically do everything. When I go back to work it will be split 50/50.
  7. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittany Rashel View Post
    I'm probably the wrong person to ask. I typically do everything. When I go back to work it will be split 50/50.
    I just have to ask. How is it on the weekends?!? Does your DH help out then?!
  8. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    Quote Originally Posted by xocassandralee View Post
    DH does a lot when he comes home. I feel bad sometimes, but our job is round the clock, and we deserve a little break too. I do most of the cleaning and all of the cooking, but when DH is home he helps me clean and take care of Carter. I think SAHM's deserve a break too.
    Amen!!!
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Victoria View Post
    You didnt ask me, but Im answering

On the weekends I usually take a couple hours for myself, and DH does the same. The rest of the time we spend doing things together. Sundays he usually takes Carter for a bit so I can get a good housecleaning done uninterupted. They have "boys morning out".
  10. deployment #2: 1 month down!
    deployment #2: 1 month down!
    Quote Originally Posted by Victoria View Post
    He cooks once a week, that's about it.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast