Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sigh

1. Senior Member

Sigh

Advertisements
    Spawn is still not sleeping through the night.

Gave her cereal/bananas last night around 8pm, hoping that would "fill" her up some more and would cause her to only wake up once through the night... she woke up 4 times.

Getting her into a routine of some sort would possibly help, but DH and I can't be bothered during our WoW time.

Thank goodness DH gets up with her at night and I get to sleep.
  2. Senior Member
    As usual your siggy is adorable.

Does she wake up to eat? Or does she just wake up?
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xocassandralee View Post
    As usual your siggy is adorable.

Does she wake up to eat? Or does she just wake up?
    The annoying () child of mine wakes up to eat.

We've tried everything... there's rice in her bottles, she goes to bed with a bottle, DH will give her a pacifier to try and get her to go back to sleep and she'll take that for like 10/15 mins. and then spit it out and cry until she gets to eat. We just started the whole "cereal before bed".

She did SO good for like 2 weeks... we really think that it's her teeth and that we're never going to get to sleep anymore.

But. We did put her to bed uber early last night (like 8pm) and she usually doesn't go to bed until 10:30pm or so, so I think that last night, threw her off. Or something.
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Girl Bailey is almost 2 years old and still wakes 3 to 4 times a night. I have come to the conclusion that I will not get to sleep all night again until she moves out at 18.
  5. Senior Member
    Maybe you could just try a routine and see if it does help? Have you tried teething tablets for her teeth?

6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Heather LB. View Post
    Maybe you could just try a routine and see if it does help? Have you tried teething tablets for her teeth?
    I agree, a routine made a huge difference with Carter.

Teething tablets are amazing!
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by *Realized* View Post
    Girl Bailey is almost 2 years old and still wakes 3 to 4 times a night. I have come to the conclusion that I will not get to sleep all night again until she moves out at 18.
    This is what I'm afraid of... and I definitely know that's she gonna be a "nekkid baby who pees everywhere"... I definitely did that too. She really is the .

Quote Originally Posted by Heather LB. View Post
    She eats teething tablets like skittles. She loves those things. They help her sleep (in the beginning) but on cue, she'll wake up at least once (usually around 3am).

Quote Originally Posted by xocassandralee View Post
    I agree, a routine made a huge difference with Carter.

Teething tablets are amazing!
    I have no problems getting her to sleep nor does she mind going to bed... she knows that when she goes into "her bed" it's time to sleep.

It's the lack? of food that wakes her up?

We've tried light on, light off, blankets, no blankets, in her own room, in our room, it being cold, it being hot, TV on, TV off... no matter what, she wakes up at least once to "eat" even though I don't think that she's really that hungry.

She's just a pain because it's always been said "your kids are 10x worse than you were". It's definitely true.
  8. Senior Member
    How old is she? Its pretty normal and common for babies to wake up at night. I'm always confused when people expect babies to sleep through the night at a young age, lol! My boys didn't sleep through the night until after they turned 2.

Waking up at frequent intervals is actually a defense against SIDS- here's a little blurb about it: http://www.drgreene.com/21_1753.html
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Genna View Post
    How old is she? Its pretty normal and common for babies to wake up at night. I'm always confused when people expect babies to sleep through the night at a young age, lol! My boys didn't sleep through the night until after they turned 2.

Waking up at frequent intervals is actually a defense against SIDS- here's a little blurb about it: http://www.drgreene.com/21_1753.html
    She'll be 6 months at the end of the month.

I'm not looking for her to sleep through the night, per say. But she goes to bed (normally) at 10:30/11pm and gets up at 6am with me... so... I'd like my 6/7 hours of sleep.

Even if she woke up once... I'd be more than happy with that. But 4 times last night?

Thanks for the link!
  10. Hooked on the sauce
    Hooked on the sauce
    Wes demands an 8oz bottle before bed. He'll stir for a while and then fall asleep on his own. He sleeps on his belly or side and goes down from 7:30pm-5:30am...

You said you just started cereal before bed...is she maybe gassy and waking up due to belly pains?

Wes couldn't handle the rice cereal too long, bugged his belly too much...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast