Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: cry it out method

1. Senior Member
    Advertisements
    My ds went thru a very colicky phase, luckily he doesnt have it now, but when he was really little he would fuss and fuss and fuss and the only way to calm him was holding him. I am sorry my suggestions dont work, but I would say just keep trying, ask around on here, I had many a times when ds was really little where I just felt like I couldnt keep going, but it does get easier, and most grow out of that colic phase. My ds did!
    there is hope! I personally have a baby bjorn that i feel is easy on my back! I put him in there, when he gets pretty fussy.
    Babies that young, they dont sleep thru the night, very rarely do they, mine never did till at least 3 months old.
    I am sorry I cant be much more help.
  2. Senior Member
    I put DD in her car seat, buckled her in and rocked the car seat with my foot as I did dishes and laundry.

3. Amy
    Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Your baby is too young to CIO. I think about 6 months or so they are capable of calming themselves down? Maybe even older. Now if you can't handle the crying, then putting him or her in his or her crib or swing or whatever while you calm yourself down is appropriate, but crying it out at this point will not be successful, I don't think.
  4. Banned
    Banned
    He's been this way since he was born.. He does have colic..

sigh.
  5. Senior Member
    if you want some advice please PM me. I won't put it out on here, but I'll give you some great tips. My first was JUST like you're describing.
  6. Finding my own path!
    Finding my own path!
    Blog Entries
    At 2 months old you yourself are still recovering from having a baby. It's understandable to be frustrated as it's a new thing to have a baby around, but 2 months is far too young for him to be CIO. In MY OPINION take as much time as HE needs to calm down. He has NO ability to calm or sooth himself at this point... it's not mentally or emotionally possible for a baby that young to even begin to comprehend why he's alone with no one there to comfort him. He went from a very small place where he was warm and comfortable to this great big giant place where he has no control over anything, including himself.

A sling would be a great idea so that he can feel comfortable near you and you can have the freedom you need to do what needs to be done...

I agree with those that have said the house can wait, the laundry can wait, and the dishes can as well... don't worry about folding things or putting things away... honestly right now no one would fault you for being a little stressed... expecting him to sleep through the night at 2 months is something you should reconsider. He's going to need a little longer to sleep that long so taking advantage of his sleep time is definitely a necessity (which means you sleep as well, you are still healing).

It's probably just as frustrating for him as it is for you when you are upset. He's going to pick up on your tension and react to it and only make things worse. Take a few minutes for yourself, practice some breathing techniques, put him in a stroller and go for a walk if you need to. The motion will probably help him and the fresh air would do both of you good.

It's a phase though and it will pass!! Keep your chin up!

Every Ending is Another Beginning!!!!
    "For I know the plans I have for you", Says the Lord. Jeremiah 29:11
    The cup of shite runneth over...
  7. Banned
    Banned
    I don't expect him to sleep through the night.. in fact I'd be fine with 3 hours at a time.. but he doesn't.. he wakes up almost every hour.
  8. Amy
    Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Sleeping will get better- the first few weeks, I literally didn't sleep for more than 15-30 minutes at a time. Autumn would wake up to eat, eat for 45 minutes or so, go back to sleep for a few minutes, and then wake up again. It WILL get better though, I promise.
  9. Pass the Chocolate
    Pass the Chocolate
    No way no how would I let my 2 month old CIO!!! I have a 3 mo old who is very hard to put down and won't sleep unless she's on my lap/chest so I understand but still, they are itty bitty babies and the #1 thing they are learning about the world is attachment and if you let your babies CIO exactly what are you teaching them? That if they are scared or hurting no one will come...

Get a sling or wrap or mei tai or something to wrap the baby up on you and get moving.

Colic doesn't start at birth, so maybe the baby has reflux. Does the baby cry all the time?

Look up Shaky's posts, she has lots of advice given to her in her posts about her fussy baby. (I call mine a little crabsicle sometimes!)
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Just because a baby is crying doesn't mean they are "scared or hurting." So, letting a baby CIO because they are exhausted and need to learn to rest without being held doesn't mean that they are being taught to feel neglect. I let my son, and my 2 children before him CIO and they are all loved and well taken care of.
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast