Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bedtime

1. Senior Member

Question Bedtime

Advertisements
    Give me all your bedtime tips, I cannot get him to go to bed without trying 3020392039 times. We have a routeine. Unless hes already asleep for 20 minutes or so in our arms, he will not sleep in his crib.
  2. Senior Member
    She sleeps when I go to sleep and we co-sleep.
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jill View Post
    I love the idea of cosleeping, and a lot of times for his afternoon nap I nurse him laying down, and then I can get u p and he stays asleep. DH thrashes in his sleep, Im sure Carter wouldnt survive with him.
  4. Senior Member
    Bottle, bath, and then I hold him and/or rock him and he falls asleep. After his bath, it usually doesn't take long to get him to fall asleep. We use the Bedtime Bath wash and lotion. He had been sleeping through the night in his crib until he got sick.

5. LT
    I had that problem with DS, aw man was that a pain in the butt
    It took me a lot of perseverance and i just had to lay him in his crib and let him be, he would cry and i'd leave him for a certain time then go in, say it's ok i am here and leave again, eventually he got the idea thank god!
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jill View Post
    Same here. My goal is to get her in her bed by the time she's 6 months old, but we'll see. I've been reading lots of tips about how to do it. I think the one I'll try first is to let Georgia cry for 5 min, then go soothe her (without picking her up), then 10 min, then 15, and so on. It should take no more than a week to be "sleep trained". But this is according to a book. We'll see what happens with my baby. lol!

7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Heather LB. View Post
    Bottle, bath, and then I hold him and/or rock him and he falls asleep. After his bath, it usually doesn't take long to get him to fall asleep. We use the Bedtime Bath wash and lotion. He had been sleeping through the night in his crib until he got sick.
    Does he fall asleep in the crib? Or do you make sure hes asleep before you put him in it?

I loveeee the bedtime bath lotion.
  8. Senior Member
    she gets a bath between 630 and 7 with bedtime lotion and bath soap. i nurse her and she falls asleep while im nursing her and then i put her down sometime she wakes up for a min and i leave her till she really starts crying and ill try her pacifer and her crib toy ( plays music and has lights part projects on the ceiling)
  9. deployment #2: 1 month down!
    deployment #2: 1 month down!
    Bath, bottle and sometimes rocking with me singing. I don't know why that soothes him, I have a horrible voice. But he will not under any circumstances go to sleep without a pacifier.

eta If he starts falling asleep in my arms then I put him down. If he falls asleep in my arms he will more than likely wake up when I put him down.
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xocassandralee View Post
    Does he fall asleep in the crib? Or do you make sure hes asleep before you put him in it?

I loveeee the bedtime bath lotion.
    He won't fall asleep on his own yet in his crib. I tried. It usually takes no longer than 20 minutes to get him to sleep after his bath.

I wish I had more advice for you though.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast