Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cranky baby before naps

1. Miss Puerto Rico
    Miss Puerto Rico

Cranky baby before naps

Advertisements
    Anyone else's baby gets very cranky to the point that they cry before nap time?
    Before, G would cry and I would pick him up right away and that's why he never took naps. Now I realized that that's how he falls asleep to take naps I hate seeing him cry. Anyone else's baby do this?
  2. deployment #2: 1 month down!
    deployment #2: 1 month down!
    I always try to put DS down before he gets to that point because I've learned that with him, if I wait until he starts crying it will take me twice as long to get him to nap.
  3. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    A few babies I watched at daycare would do that. You just give them the passy and let them cry and then they passout in less then 5 minues! As long as they weren't hard core crying they were fine.
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

4. Miss Puerto Rico
    Miss Puerto Rico
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittany Rashel View Post
    I always try to put DS down before he gets to that point because I've learned that with him, if I wait until he starts crying it will take me twice as long to get him to nap.
    Even if I put him down before he gets like that G still cries but it's like a soft cry and pass out within a few minutes.
  5. Senior Member
    Carter cries for a few minutes in his swing before falling asleep.
  6. Senior Member
    Georgia doesn't cry much at all (luckily) but she'll fuss, then mellow out, then fall asleep. The paci helps her fall asleep and stay asleep. If she does get to the crying point it is so much harder to get her to sleep.

7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Molly cries. Doesn't matter when I put her down or what I do.. she WILL cry. It is to the point where everything I try that keeps her from out and out crying and just fussing doesn't work. I basically have to let her really get worked up and cry, then go in and re situate her and give her her soothie before she will pass out.

It KILLS me. I don't know what else to do though. She won't fall asleep being held, and she is getting smart about being put in the carrier to be put to sleep and I recently tried swaddling again and that worked for two nights only.

I guess she just hates to sleep but is okay with ripping my heart out by crying
  8. Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta
    Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta
    norah cries just before bed time. she naps very well (no fussing), but she doesn't like going to bed at night. once she's calm and down, she sleeps just fine, but getting her there is a feat!
  9. Miss Puerto Rico
    Miss Puerto Rico
    Quote Originally Posted by jlbecker View Post
    norah cries just before bed time. she naps very well (no fussing), but she doesn't like going to bed at night. once she's calm and down, she sleeps just fine, but getting her there is a feat!
    That's Giovanni at nights too! or do I dare to say he used to? He's getting better!
  10. Senior Member
    Josefine cries sometimes before falling asleep too. I think she gets overtired and can't figure out how to relax and fall asleep.
    She always has to be held to fall asleep though, and most often while nursing. And if I try to put her down for a nap she usually wakes up. I am still trying to figure out how to do naps and have some sort of regular nap time.

Babies are hard.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast