Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Naps at 8 months

1. Member

Question Naps at 8 months

Advertisements
    Ok so I have been completely dependent on the swing for naps and at night DD co-sleeps with me.

I feed her, put her in the swing, and she takes good naps.

But... she is outgrowing it, I don't know how much longer we have with the swing.

SO how do you put your baby down for naps? What is your routine? Any mommy tips?

Do you just feed, put in the crib, and they fall asleep?
    DH ~ I did inventory, you have my heart, Killy has my DNA, and the army has my body.
    Wifey to Fashionista

2. Starting over...
    Starting over...
    Quote Originally Posted by 68Wife View Post
    Ok so I have been completely dependent on the swing for naps and at night DD co-sleeps with me.

I feed her, put her in the swing, and she takes good naps.

But... she is outgrowing it, I don't know how much longer we have with the swing.

SO how do you put your baby down for naps? What is your routine? Any mommy tips?

Do you just feed, put in the crib, and they fall asleep?
    I was exactly like you! Once DD outgrew the swing I thought I was going to lose my mind... But one day I just started giving her a bottle (or making sure it hadn't been too long since she'd had one) and then once she finished it I put her in her crib. At first she wanted nothing to do with it (scream, cry, shake the sides of the crib, etc.), but over time it's gotten MUCH easier... She actually enjoys it! I can hear her playing with her toys and then it just gets quiet and she passes out. Good luck!

Oh, and Rylee is now 9 months.

I will do what God asks me to do; I will give God what I cannot do; and no matter what, I will trust the Lord.
    "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." - Hebrews 11:1
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    i use to hold my son until he went to sleep until he was 6 months.. i wouldnt move until he woke up, i would rock him and everything i couldnt let go of him.. he slept in bed with me and my husband... and one night he refuse to sleep with us he wanted his crib, naps were hard for a week once i started putting him in the crib... but the sooner you do it the better... let her get use to naps in her crib then once she is good with naps in the crib.. shouldnt take more then 2 wks... you can get her sleep in her bed at night as well if she isnt sleeping through the night youll have to let her cry then to.. it took 3 nights with my son... and since he was 10 months my life has gotten so much easier... good luck
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I put Molly down for a nap when she is tired. She NEVER naps the same time every day because of this (she makes her schedule) so that can be annoying as far as making plans goes... but it is so much easier day to day because we have less fighting when trying to get her to sleep. She already hates going down when she IS tired so I'm certainly not going to try if she isn't.

I don't really have anything special I do. I wait til she is tired, then I'll hold her close on the walk to her crib and then sing her a little song quietly while bouncing and holding her close to calm her down. Then I set her down, give her her blankie, give her her soothie.. and walk away. I usually have to go back a couple times to put her back in her sleep position and give her her soothie but this is all that works.

She also doesn't nap around her feeding schedule. Sometimes she eats before her nap, sometimes she eats after, sometimes her nap falls right smack dab in the middle of feeding times so that her sleeping and eating have NOTHING to do with each other.
  5. deployment #2: 1 month down!
    deployment #2: 1 month down!
    Since she's used to sleeping with you I would try rocking her until she's out and then putting her down. Matt had a problem napping about 3 months ago. He would only nap on me. So I started slowly transitioning to napping in his crib. It took about a month or so but he finally started going to sleep immediately after laying down in his crib.
  6. deployment #2: 1 month down!
    deployment #2: 1 month down!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBryTree View Post
    I put Molly down for a nap when she is tired. She NEVER naps the same time every day because of this (she makes her schedule) so that can be annoying as far as making plans goes... but it is so much easier day to day because we have less fighting when trying to get her to sleep. She already hates going down when she IS tired so I'm certainly not going to try if she isn't.

I don't really have anything special I do. I wait til she is tired, then I'll hold her close on the walk to her crib and then sing her a little song quietly while bouncing and holding her close to calm her down. Then I set her down, give her her blankie, give her her soothie.. and walk away. I usually have to go back a couple times to put her back in her sleep position and give her her soothie but this is all that works.

She also doesn't nap around her feeding schedule. Sometimes she eats before her nap, sometimes she eats after, sometimes her nap falls right smack dab in the middle of feeding times so that her sleeping and eating have NOTHING to do with each other.
    On everything. He has no specific time. Just once in the morning and one, sometimes two, in the afternoon.
  7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittany Rashel View Post
    Since she's used to sleeping with you I would try rocking her until she's out and then putting her down. Matt had a problem napping about 3 months ago. He would only nap on me. So I started slowly transitioning to napping in his crib. It took about a month or so but he finally started going to sleep immediately after laying down in his crib.
    That would make me the happiest mommy in the world!

Thanks ladies I really appreciate the advice! I'm dreading this transition hopefully it isnt too bad!

Also curious how long do your babies nap? (on average) Killy has been doing 1 1/2 in the morning 2-2 1/2 in the afternoon
    DH ~ I did inventory, you have my heart, Killy has my DNA, and the army has my body.
    Wifey to Fashionista

8. Starting over...
    Starting over...
    Quote Originally Posted by 68Wife View Post
    That would make me the happiest mommy in the world!

Thanks ladies I really appreciate the advice! I'm dreading this transition hopefully it isnt too bad!

Also curious how long do your babies nap? (on average) Killy has been doing 1 1/2 in the morning 2-2 1/2 in the afternoon
    Depending on what we do during the day, Rylee usually sleeps for about 2 hours in the morning (starting about 2 hours after she wakes up) and 2-3 in the afternoon (around 1-2 pm).

I will do what God asks me to do; I will give God what I cannot do; and no matter what, I will trust the Lord.
    "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." - Hebrews 11:1
  9. Senior Member
    ellie is just about the same age as your killy. she naps in her own bed for at least an hour in the morning, and at least two hours in the afternoon.. when we first started i would feed her till she was almost asleep and then lay her on her tummy (i think she relaxed a little more) now, all i have to do is feed her a bottle and put her in the crib and she is out.. she knows that crib is naptime, however, i cant let her play until shes too tired, i really have to watch her or else she'll fight her sleep and sit there and cry in her crib

good luck!

10. Can not wait for OCC-202 to start.... and then be over.
    Can not wait for OCC-202 to start.... and then be over.
    Back together again....Oct. back to MCB Quantico
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittany Rashel View Post
    Thats something I need to work on as well. Unless its in the car, he has a hard time falling asleep unless hes on my chest and I put him down after hes nodded off. I would LOVE for him to fall asleep on his own.
    Jennyfer

I love my boys! Oorah!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast