Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: so depressed..

1. Banned
    Banned

so depressed..

Advertisements
    I am so depressed. I feel like everything I do anymore is a chore..

Sometimes I just listen to Maddox cry and I just stare at him... Frozen like I don't know what to do..

My husband and I are having problems right now, I just moved and he just deployed..

I'm so miserable.

I'm making an appt tomorrow w/ my PCP but idk what to do.. I'm so overwhelmed.. sigh.

No one told me being a mother would be this hard..

I love my son more than anything.. but sometimes I don't even feel like a mother.. Like I don't feel a strong connection to my son.. And I'm not sure if that's because I had a c-section or not.. but idk.. FML.
  2. Mmhmm.
    Mmhmm.
    I KNOW this is going to me, so for that, I feel for you. I'm ALREADY like this, and the baby hasn't even come out.

go get some postpartum help, it's in no way your fault, and you're not a bad person.
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed

I had PPD and it is awful! I am so glad that you are going to see your doctor. They will be able to help you. I had the same things happen to me, I just didn't know what happened to my life

I wish I would have seen a doctor, my DS is 2 and I am just now realizing how messed up I was. It does and will get better
  4. Banned
    Banned
    I feel like I wasn't even pregnant.. like I woke up one day and had a baby to take care of.. gosh.
  5. Senior Member
    It's doubly hard when you have a baby and your spouse deploys, IMO.

I was like this sometimes... working full time, taking care of Spawn... it was horrible.

Talking to your doctor will definitely get you some help.

6. Senior Member
    i was the same way. i think ellie was 4 or 5 months before i felt like a mom. i felt like a babysitter. i dont know why. i got really upset when she would cry in the car, any kind of driving would just piss me off. i never wanted to get up off the couch and do anything. i think i know how you are feeling my dr gave me medicine and i used it for about 2 months and it made those things less important. she would still cry but it wouldnt make me flip out.

pm me if you need to chat

7. Senior Member
    at least you know there is a problem and are seeking help for it.

Thats is really a great thing. The dr will be able to help, you will be able to move past this.
  8. "They love me around here. I'm a swell guy."
    "They love me around here. I'm a swell guy."
    It does get better. It is hard being a parent. Feeling like you do isn't unusual, people just rarely talk about it. I think it's especially hard for military families because we don't always have the support other people do. Talking to your PCM is a good idea. I hope they can help you with resources and advice. My best tip, find other mothers. Get out of the house. Spend some time walking and in the sun. Find other mothers...oh, I said that already. IIRC, the hormones don't start to regulate until around 4 months, when all your hair that didn't fall out during your pregnancy finally falls out.

Quote Originally Posted by Felisha View Post
    I am so depressed. I feel like everything I do anymore is a chore..

Sometimes I just listen to Maddox cry and I just stare at him... Frozen like I don't know what to do..

My husband and I are having problems right now, I just moved and he just deployed..

I'm so miserable.

I'm making an appt tomorrow w/ my PCP but idk what to do.. I'm so overwhelmed.. sigh.

No one told me being a mother would be this hard..

I love my son more than anything.. but sometimes I don't even feel like a mother.. Like I don't feel a strong connection to my son.. And I'm not sure if that's because I had a c-section or not.. but idk.. FML.
  9. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I feel the same way, I put up a post about post partum depression a couple days ago, I'm going to the dr soon about it.

10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    wow what you are saying is exactly how I feel. I am sorry. Hope you get into a doctor soon. I think I am going to call mine too. Hope it gets better soon.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast